Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to wake not working properly

Brohken
Visitor

Double tap to wake not working properly

Set the phone up and everything is great but double tap to wake works 1 out of every 5 times. Definitely something is wrong there.

With the Sony launcher double tap to sleep works fine so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

I tested this with the stock Sony launcher and Nova enabled and both have the same issue.

This isn't my phone obviously, but this is similar to how my phone is behaving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukYtlqDww4

I tried it with the phone in my hand, and also laying flat on a table.
Tags (2)
144 REPLIES 144
Sunking1011
Contributor

It doesn't work fine for me by any stretch.
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

as the sony staff said, they already are investigating this, they fixed the sensor fail on xperia X performance with a software update, we'll hopefully receive the same treatment, after all we use the flagship device...

ZeroFighter
Visitor

I have the same issue.

Interesting enough, see if you guys can give this a try: turn your phone upside down and double tap the screen.

Odd enough, this has worked for me 90% of the time. I'm curious to know if there's a bug in the software logic that and the sensor reading switched.

Ninni1
Visitor

Went back to the store today and got a new XZ because "double tap to wake" didn't work (but "double tap to sleep" worked every time).

The new phone is working better with "double tap to wake" but it doesn't work at all with "double tap to sleep".

How can it be?

39.0.A.1.250 on both.

What's going on?! Is it a hardware or software problem? Should I go and change this phone as well?

Sunking1011
Contributor

Sigh. Apparently the Nougat update hasn't fixed this problem. So I'm to assume that the double tap to wake feature will never work properly for the life of the phone.
profile.country.GB.title
oatdec
Explorer

I can't believe Nougat update dosn't fix the issue. it's either sony still hasn't learnt about the issue or it's hardware fault.

Don82
Visitor

I hope they get these complaints. My believe they will fix with a other OTA soon with some fixes and improvements.i remember my old z3c got 3 mm updates. Im not sure but seems camera blur in left corner seems to be reduced in the XZ. I hope they fix the wake up fast enough. Its pretty anoing
HavingTroubles
Visitor

I had the same issue with my xz, until I read on one of the other threads that if you do the double tap slower it will work, I found it works every time now

profile.country.GB.title
oatdec
Explorer

Anyone has managed to slove the issue (after update)?

Nandy1922
Visitor

Have you try charging with slot sim taken?