Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Dennistran
Visitor

Yep, Should have a way to downgrade firmware to Pie for XZ2, cause android Q is no different, even fingerprint is really bad. 

Anw, they fix all others issue of previous version, appreciated. 

_GreggO_
Visitor

Well it's good to know that downgrade to V9 via Comanion works fine...

...but when your USB is not responding when connected to any devide (except off charger) you can't do anything with it... except waiting for next update and hope this oslves the connectivity issue...

Keenjau
Visitor

Sony is offering downgrade to A9 via companion?

profile.country.GB.title
Automat-2015

Well, I received update .618 notification and installed this morning.

I have to say that was expecting all sorts of problems and issues with it.

So far, I can't see any delays (malfunctions) with the fingerprint scanner, camera or other apps.

It has logged in with my usual WiFi networks.

I'll keep checking for the battery drain, though it's been running for a few hours and it seems adequate to me.

Hope this new update sorts out previous issues.

Pxeone
Visitor

Please keep us informed. I am still on the Pie after downgrading to it. 

JS87
Visitor

Just been updated to 52.1.A.0.618 myself, reporting for duty!

Initial thoughts are:

• The camera launches well and doesn't crash
  • No problem swiping up for the PIN entry screen
  • Everything seems snappier and the lag mostly gone

It seems like they've fixed the memory leaks

Evolva
Visitor

What about the fingerprint scanner? Any improvements?  Thanks 

mau_rand
Visitor

What about microphone issue in Whatsapp etc... ?

Thank you.

Keenjau
Visitor

Users reporting camera autofocus bugswith the latest update.  

I think best is to wait until 1 or 2 more updates and keeping a close eye to forums before update to Android 10. 

JS87
Visitor

The microphone issue persists unfortunately; WhatsApp voice messages are still inaudible, and I tried recording using nTrack earlier today with similar results. That's really disappointing as I like to record ideas on the go.

I tried 'calibrating' the phone at one point last week and the microphone interface that records on behalf of 3rd party apps is called "Mic 2" or something - surely there aren't two separate mics? It really should be as simple as fixing the gain settings

I can't help with the fingerprint scanner as I don't use it Slightly_frowning_Face Hopefully Automat can help here?

I haven't had a chance to make a call yet and test the woeful microphone dropout, but I'll do that tomorrow.

I'm still having issues with my USB-C to 3.5mm jack converter, but I'll bite the bullet and buy another one just to see if this is a really coincidental fault.

As I say, I think this whole update was to patch memory leaks from bad coding. It's noticeably faster, smoother and more responsive - sort of like the phone I purchased, before Android 10 tanked it Slightly_smiling_Face