Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Tomasz12X
Visitor

Hi,

I am user of XZ3 and updated to. 618 version. I noticed better RAM management. Usually is about 40% free. On 532 version usually was about only 10% free. Next thing is HDR is now working. Only one thing is still missing-face unlock. What a pity. Otherwise, overal system performance is little better. 

Seb0071
Visitor

In France too, we just had the notification of the update .618

Nothing to report, I don't use Whatsapp and I do not record audio,

so I could not answer the above.

It only remains to test the stability of the speed after several hours.

sunny88
Visitor

The last update broke my camera. Sony repair centre fixed it and reverted to android 9. No camera issues now. New software notification appered. Not doing this until anyone can confirm camera is OK

Keenjau
Visitor

Disable " install Updates automatically " in developer settings and stop update processes manually to be safe.

zairyzal
Visitor

done update last night..so far so good..huge improvement on battery consumption..but finger print response still slow sometimes, need to try a few times..

JS87
Visitor

An update, as of roughly a week into the update, the phone is starting to show some signs of lag again. The PIN screen is slightly resistant to swipe activation, at times the screen will not sense text input, there are times when apps go very slow and a few other artifacts.

This is a half-way house but the memory leaks aren't totally fixed, and neither are some of the other headline issues.

Seb0071
Visitor

I confirm what JS87 says ...

After 5 days of using the .618, I am forced, regularly, to close all open applications, it gives a boost. I also noticed that leaving the bubbles of Messenger (facebook) conversations displayed makes the problem worse. Battery level, it's average ... a little better but not ecstasy either ...

Well, it's a little better, but we are far from having anything stable yet.

NoIceWine
Visitor

I have been using .618 for about a week, then I decided to reinstall Android9. Now everything is like it was before. FP sensor working fine, Touch screen response is fine again.

Maybe next step will be installing LineageOS.

I really like Sony phones, but this update performance and the silence from Sony is really bad...

Cornell
Visitor

Lost signal and problem with the battery 

Zhivko
Visitor

The finger print is working fine just half of the time, very unreliable,even annoying sometimes.

Overal nothing changed compared to 9,same performance.