Join now - be part of our community!

Camera Update?

SOLVED
PenOne
Visitor

Camera Update?

I just received some kind of Camera Update but couldn 't find a changelog. Can someone clear up what jappenend (except different UI)

Thanks PenOne
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ppiixx
Visitor

Go to settings/developer options and set 'animator duration scale' back to the default (1x) then kill/restart the camera app and the rest of the menu should reappear.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PenOne

Could you elaborate? was it a camera update or was it a camera mode update (like AR )

PenOne
Visitor

I think the Camera itself (swiped away the notification too fast).
It was from the whatsnew thingy and I can change the Mode (like Manual to Video and automatic) by swiping.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PenOne

Could you post a screenshot? 

PenOne
Visitor

Screenshot.png

So here you go. It's completely new for me.

komilAD
Visitor

@PenOne

Check this out or wait for official answer.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Xperia blog posted this too:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/11/16/new-sony-camera-app-with-refreshed-ui-rolling-for-xperia-z5-ser...

It's the camera app that the phone was advertised with.

alexdon
CypherGate0
Visitor

Hi Guys/Gals,

Does anyone know if Sony is going to tweak and optomize their Camera software? Not that the camera doesnt take good photos, but I feel there can be A LOT more improvement with the photos. For starters full manual camera support. I bought Manual Camera app for the Z5 and it said not all camera functions are available. Anyway I couldnt even adjust the exposure and the app keeps shutting down. Not sure why. Anyway I noticed that the photos in general dont always comes out sharp enough. Seems grainy. So there are some stuff that needs to be tweaked. On the other side of things Ive taken pretty awesome photos with it so far which impressed me as well. Low light is a bit of an issue as well, but under great lighting then the camera shines pretty well. I read that Camera2 api should help free up extra controls for the camera, but the app Manual Camera uses that api and it crashes my phone. Also says partial camera functions available. Not even exposure control etc.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Like wise, I would love more manual control in manual mode.
Iso as a priority
CypherGate0
Visitor

I think more people need to be asking for full manual controls. Sure lots of people wont use it, but I love experimenting and having that sort of control would help me understand things better. I think the demand is too low? We need to really ask for this.