pardzrose
Visitor

Cannot play videos on Facebook

Why i cannot play. Video in my fb.. Pls. Help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hampus
Champion

@kuihkosoi If it works fine via Wi-Fi. I suggest that you check your APNs, so there are no Proxy/Port that is causing this behaviour. You can find this via Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Access point name > Tap your internet APN and remove Proxy/Port if they are set.

@pardzrose Have you tried to play a video via Wi-Fi connection to see if it works? You may also try my suggestion above.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
kuihkosoi
Visitor

Same problem here.. But while i connect to wifi then.i can play the video..
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi pardzrose,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Can you please advise what happens when you try play a Video? can you also advise what steps you have taken so far to help resolve this issue?

pardzrose
Visitor

This wil appear:

Cannot play video

Sorry, but an unknown error occured while trying to play this video
pardzrose
Visitor

What did you sirkuihkosoi
Phy
Legend
Legend

Try Clearing the data.

How to clear data on apps. From your Home screen

1. Tap the Application screen icon.
2. Find and tap Settings > Apps.
3. Swipe to the All tab.
4. Find and tap on the app.
5. Tap Force stop > Clear data.
6. Restart the phone
pardzrose
Visitor

Finish sir.. But still the same.. I cannot play video
Hampus
Champion

@kuihkosoi If it works fine via Wi-Fi. I suggest that you check your APNs, so there are no Proxy/Port that is causing this behaviour. You can find this via Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Access point name > Tap your internet APN and remove Proxy/Port if they are set.

@pardzrose Have you tried to play a video via Wi-Fi connection to see if it works? You may also try my suggestion above.

pardzrose
Visitor

Got it sir.. It can play already.. Thank you so much for all your advces.
Thankyou thank you
Superkitsune
Visitor

I have noticed this on my phone as well. I don't have Facebook much, but when I try to play a video WiFi or 4GLTE It gives me an error. I also had this problem on my iPhone 5 too. Leafs me to believe facebooks poor video extention is at fault. This was happening on my girlfriends phone to. I never like the Facebook app it always was a buggy crap application anyway. But in my experience I really think it's Facebook application not necessarily the phone since my iPhone did the same thing on and off WiFi.