Join now - be part of our community!

Clear credentials greyed out and I would like to remove pattern lock... Help please?!

SOLVED
Marchhare
Visitor

Clear credentials greyed out and I would like to remove pattern lock... Help please?!

Hey there,

I set a pattern lock on my phone but I would now like to remove it. The clear credentials option is greyed out and I can't select it. I haven't encrypted anything to my knowledge and I don't know where to go from here.

I really appreciate your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

There is a small box in the right side of the screen where you can tick/untick access.

alexdon

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@surtitanuj One thing you can try is to remove guest user.

/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Can-t-remove-the-screen-lock-by-PIN-and-can-t-use-t...

alexdon
Marchhare
Visitor

Hi there,

Thank you. I can see an option to remove the guest user. I can either switch to the guest or allow phone calls.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Oh, the account must be removed while you are in guest mode:

/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Screen-lock-issue-none-option-has-disappeared-entirely/m-p/1068670/highlight/true#...

alexdon
Christofer
Champion

Hi @Marchhare,

Do you happen to have an Exchange Active Sync account in your phone that is related to your work or similar?
If it forces you to use a screen lock it might now allow you to use the normal swipe option or none at all. If that is the case you will have to remove the account from your phone in order to change the screen lock to any of these two options.

Marchhare
Visitor

I don't think so, how can I find that out?
Marchhare
Visitor

I entered the guest mode and removed it, the guest still appears as a user when I am in my main user account, and cleat credentials is still greyed out.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Now check if you can chage the lock type.

alexdon
Marchhare
Visitor

I can switch between pin, pattern and password. But that's it.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Christopher asked a good question. Do you have that kind of account?

Read more here:

/t5/FAQ/E-mail-and-Exchange-Active-Sync/m-p/347964#M5

alexdon