Join now - be part of our community!

Clear credentials greyed out and I would like to remove pattern lock... Help please?!

SOLVED
Marchhare
Visitor

Clear credentials greyed out and I would like to remove pattern lock... Help please?!

Hey there,

I set a pattern lock on my phone but I would now like to remove it. The clear credentials option is greyed out and I can't select it. I haven't encrypted anything to my knowledge and I don't know where to go from here.

I really appreciate your help.
22 REPLIES 22
Marchhare
Visitor

I have just checked for this and deleted my account from my emails and the accounts section, checked the clear credentials and it's still greyed out.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

What could be the issue here? Boot in safe mode and see if the same occurs.

alexdon
Marchhare
Visitor

Hi, I booked in safe mode and it was still greyed out.
Christofer
Champion

@Marchhare After you removed the email account(s) did you also check the screen lock options as well as the option to clear credentials?

Marchhare
Visitor

Hi, in the screen lock area all that is available is the options of pin, pattern, and password and search. Everything else is greyed out.
Christofer
Champion

If you go to Settings > Security > Device administrators, what do you see here and which of these seem to be enabled?

Marchhare
Visitor

I have mobile iron mobule@work, protection by my Xperia, Android device manager are all enabled, and I can also see Configuration agent, and Aug anti theft service.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I suspect that iron@work. Can you try to remove access from that?

alexdon
Marchhare
Visitor

OK how would I go about doing that?
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

There is a small box in the right side of the screen where you can tick/untick access.

alexdon