Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Z CC603 not booting/charges only when off/constant bootloop/tried everything

SOLVED
AlmightyBurge
Visitor

Sony Xperia Z CC603 not booting/charges only when off/constant bootloop/tried everything

Hello,

I have a Sony Xperia Z CC603. Basically my phone is in a constant bootloop. I some whole managed to get it to turn on for a 30 seconds or so about 2 weeks ago when I encountered the problem. It was getting low on battery and I plugged my charger in and it would not charge and therefore went down to 0% and died. I have had a problem with the charger port before but it isn't that this time as it was working perfectly after that was replaced.

List of what I've tried:

- Sony PC Companion & repairing phone method - Works well and goe's through the whole process until at the end when you obviously have to turn on the device. Device doesn't turn on. Shows sony logo goe's black but screen is still on --> bootloop

- SUS is now not in use but I did try to download an old version of the program to no avail

- Tried some guys hardware fix solution on XDA forums whereby I had to wire a specific terminal on the battery to the phone - Didn't work

- Bought a new battery and replaced old battery also wired like the guy said in the XDA forums as I mentioned ^ - Didn't work

- Used flashtool to flash a new generic firmware on device but as it device won't turn on - Didn't work

- Tried various Vol Up & Power, Vol Down & Power, Vol Up as plug in to get blue light, Vol Down as plug in to get flash mode green light and red light sort of flash after one another very briefly - None of these worked

- Tried leaving it without charge. Charging it for an hour or two straight. - None of these work because it doesn't charge properly due to the bootloop & it can't turn on 😕

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS EVEN IF THEY ARE SLIGHT VARIATIONS AS TO WHAT I'VE MENTIONED PLEASE SAY AND I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THEY GET ON.

14 REPLIES 14
AlmightyBurge
Visitor

If my phone is gone I was wondering if you knew of anyway I could save or recover any of the remaining data from my phone's internal memory or how to access and view the data stored as a backup on my SD card. I welcome any further suggestions to try and fix my phone.

Phy
Legend
Legend

For the data stored on the sd card, you can either place the sd card in another compatible device or use an sd card adapter and access it on a computer.
AlmightyBurge
Visitor

also is there any like sony xperia z emulator (like the thing you can do on a computer with like the iPod screen on your computer) so then i could possibly perform a restore from my backup and access the files I need?

AlmightyBurge
Visitor

UPDATE: I bought a Sony Xperia Dock & the phone charges fines on that when on.

So basically it will not charge via cable unless the phone is off, it isn't recognised by the computer unless connected with vol up or down held down and off.

It will charge when on / off on the dock and will boot up.

Very temperamental when off the dock and on and will occasionally cut out

Not sure if it's always showing correct battery percentage. Sim card is entered but isn't recognised as being entered. Haven't pur memory card in yet.

Is there anyway at this stage for me to recover any internal memory I lost from resetting it, in the current state my phone is in?

Will probably sell as faulty and buy a new OnePlus One (hate to say it but don't think I will be buying a Sony phone anytime soon 😕 )

Tochikamaru
Visitor

Try pressin ur power nd vol keys for like ten seconds. I'm facing d same ish bt this is wht some forums suggest