Join now - be part of our community!

I hate my laptop pcg-grt916z

schouw
Visitor

I hate my laptop pcg-grt916z

I have my laptop for 10 months, it still falls out 10 times a day with "Driver not less or equal". I've first tried with this sit, no solution, now I have phoned Sony, no solutions. I am sick with this computer. If Sony is such a good firm they would offer me now a new laptop. My wife has an SUPERMARKET laptop for three years and has no problems at all.

64 REPLIES 64
schouw
Visitor

I've recently used the recovery cd.
After that you can do nothing with your computer, only play cards.
When I installed teh router ASUS 500WG, Norton and symantec which is on the recovery cd, and the firewall on and started google, the problem started already, (when I put some action to the computer),

I have another notebook (TARGA, from the supermarket) next to this notebook, and there is nothing wrong with the TARGA.

Fuzzillogic
Visitor

Simply burning those files on a CD won't accomplish anything, of course.

The .ISO file is an image of a CD. Use a tool to burn the ISO image on the CD, like DeepBurner (The freeware version will do). Use it to *open* the ISO. The opening-wizard will provide you with an option to "Burn ISO image".

Perhaps you can do it with the provided tools as well, but personally I don't like those.

schouw
Visitor

Can you explain it in dutch, because I still don't know how to do it.
I've only have the recovery cd on my notebook and the ASUS router, or else I could'nt communicate with anyone.
Probably I have to install Nero 6.0.
But then what should I do

Fuzzillogic
Visitor

• Download & installeer DeepBurner. Dat is gratis.
    • Download de Memtest86 ISO.
    • Gebruik DeepBurner om de ISO op een CD (RW) te branden. NIET
de file op CD gooien, duh, maar image branden. De DeepBurner Wizard heeft een speciale optie hiervoor.
    1. Zorg dat je laptop boot vanaf CD, dat regel je in BIOS, maar staat geloof ik standaard aan.
    2. De verse Memtest86-CD in je drive, en start je laptop opnieuw op.
    3. Laat de test een uurtje draaien. Daarna moeten er nog steeds 0 fouten zijn. Elke gevonden fout is reden voor garantie.

Wat ik zo hoor klinkt overigens als een hardware-issue. Misschien oververhitting, misschien brak geheugen, wellicht een ander defect. Maar met memtest86 kun je iig het gegeugen controleren.

No too hard I guess..

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Funny how many words other languages use I can understand.

colzer
Visitor

:cry: I hate my laptop too mines is a PCG-FR315S and it wont stop shutting down or freezing and it always downloads things i dont wont i have only had it a year!:smileyconfused:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

What do you mean? It always downloads things you don't want?

Sounds like it needs a full recovery, a good virus scanner, firewall, and an anti spyware package.

Spyware and adware are frequently spread by poor browsing habits, poor security, and opening spam mailings. After the full recovery, read the pages at http://www.getnetwise.org/

schouw
Visitor

Thanks for the explanation in dutch, I've succeeded to get it on cd. The iso-file is converted in a boot-file. I've ran the boot, but how long does it run (Istopped it after 1 hour and 15 minutes)
There were no errors discovered in that time schedule

schouw
Visitor

I'll be gone for a few days, i'll install the recovery cd and for instance pinnacle. Thus no internet. If it's the router, than my notebook should stay on if not I assume I'll get a new notebook from sony.
I presume SONY is very gentle.

schouw
Visitor

I'm back sooner then I got, it predicts no good when I'm back, because the problem still there.
I installed the recovery-cd and before I want to make a recoverypoint I cleaned the notebook with explorer-properties and diskcleaning and then I started defragmentation to get a nice cleaned up notebook.
But during defragmentation the notebook crashes.
Oke another effort and again crashes.
That's when I started to download the router-driver to get to the internet to type this all.
SO IT ISN'T ANY EXTERNAL SOFTWARE OR DRIVERS, THE RUBBISH STARTED DIRECTLY AFTER INSTALLING THE RECOVER_CD.
I THINK NOW IT'S TIME TO GET A NEW NOTEBOOK FROM
MISTER SONY>
Who doesn't agree with me.after 10 months of misery.
I started this thread in may 2004.