Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update Internal server error

SOLVED
MarioM2013
Explorer

Vaio Update Internal server error

Hi all,

I bought my Vaio SVL2413Z1E recently and since day 1 was completely unable to use VAIO UPDATE.

I get a very strange "

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Has anyone seen this type of error?  Any help available?

Thanks,

M

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Can I make it clear that I don’t work for Sony – I am just another Vaio user like yourself. I therefore have no idea what updates are required for your machine. My best guess is that your version of 8.1 has already received the updates that the older models require. Once you have Vaio Update running this should become clear.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Daniel,

I'm informed that Vaio Update should now be working for you. Can you please confirm that this is the case?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
agimtryci
Explorer

i am having same problem. error 500 internal server error when running vaio update. all rest internet works ok.can u help plz.thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi agimtryci,

I have edited your post to remove the serial number – that sort of information should not be posted on an open forum. A request has been made to add your serial number to the server.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi agimtryci,

I have been informed that the server uses the first eight digits of the serial number and the number you gave has been on the server for approx. one year – how long have you had this notebook?. Can you please let us know the vaio model and confirm whether the number you provided is correct? If you need to make a change to this please only post the first eight digits.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
agimtryci
Explorer

Thank you. i have had this for over a year but not used much. started using it again as other machine went down and came up with this problem, so i guess it can not be sorted.thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi amigtryci,

This should be sortable. Can you please confirm that the serial number you initially provided is correct and that the error you are receiving is "internal server error 500"? If you can then this will be passed on to a senior member of Sony support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
agimtryci
Explorer

yes i can confirm that correct numbers av been given and res having that error aswell.thank you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi amigtryci,

Thanks for the confirmation. This has been passed to Sony contact for further investigation.

In the meantime can you please confirm that you are using the original pre-installed operating system?

If and when we receive further information from Sony support it will be reported in this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
agimtryci
Explorer

Hi,thank you for your great support,it looks like is all sorted and yes is the operating system that laptop came with,in this case win 7 64 bit. Thanks again. very helpful.