Join now - be part of our community!

Notifications not changing

Unclehairy
Visitor

Notifications not changing

New Xperia 1 .

Every time I get a new phone call or a missed call the Notification doesn't disappear?

Even when I get a new message it doesn't go.

Phone is forever showing a number 1 on phone calls and messages, I deleted all and still showing, Even done a restart, but that did nothing??

Anyone no how to sort this?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @Unclehairy;

Have you tried clearing Phone app data and cache? (long press on Phone app>app info>storage>clear cache and clear data).

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Clear cache by pressing and holding power button together with volume up.

Hold until you feel one vibration then keep on holding for a further three, then simply power on the phone as normal.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
tutti2000
Visitor

Hello,

I tried deleting the cache and all data. I also stopped the service and I also pressed volume up plus power button until it vibrates plus five seconds and started the phone. The bubble for missed cals is still there.

Any other ideas??

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Hi all, 

Can you see if trying the following helps remedy the issue please.:

When noticing the issue, switch to any other tabs (Favourites/Contacts) from Recent tab and minimize the app, badge will disappear as expected.

Can you comment if this works for you.

Many thanks guys.

SAWIG
Visitor

I have this same bug since I have gotten the phone. Sometimes the trouble shooting steps will fix it and sometimes it wont. It seems most sensitve to MMS messages.

azzido
Enthusiast

I have same issue. It's not only for the phone but also for sms stock app, stock e-mail app and I think sometimes 3rd party apps too. 

It is eeird, but after some longerbperiod those notifications numbers are gone by itself (about a week or so later). Until of course new notification is shown. I think it may disappear when I restart the phone but I am not sure. Will share a screenshots when I will have this again. 

Semih61
Visitor

İ had this exact same problem a few times now. Sometimes it dissappears after a few mins but in one occasion the missed call notification stayed for hours. Really annoying