Join now - be part of our community!

phone app icon (1) won't go away

SOLVED
billson
Visitor

phone app icon (1) won't go away

Hoping someone can help. I missed a call and there's a 1 on my phone app icon. I've tried everthing I can to get rid of it but it wont go, its been a couple of days now. I've deleted all call history, force stopped the app and restarted the phone. 

82 REPLIES 82
dbdave
Visitor

Has anyone managed yet to remove the missed call icon from the phone shortcut?

I've tried phone restart, phone shutdown, clear data and cache then phone shutdown - restart

I haven't done re-install phone software yet - that's an absolute last resort.

Any other suggestions ?

PS. This only seems to have started happening since the latest update - Build 55.0.A.6.56

dbdave
Visitor

I have managed to get rid of them....

I created another missed call, but accessed it by using the notification in the top message area, not the direct link on the phone app button.

This made them all go away..

Thanos22
Visitor

Now, I thought I was the only one with this issue. Mine has been on for days as well. Forced stop didn't work at all. 

billson
Visitor

When I had this problem on my last Xperia 1 I come to the conclusion that the reason was it was exclusive to Vodafone in the UK. I had it unlocked to use on EE. I found ways of making it go but it was hassle and didn't work 100% of the time. I tried absolutely everything including a software repair. I'd be interested to know if any of you that are now experiencing this issue are using it on a different network but it has another networks settings on?

If so my only suggestion would be to maybe flash a different firmware. I returned mine and bought a different one on another network. It actually happened again two days ago but went on its own after getting another message apart from that it's been fine.

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone and I'm very sorry to hear about this!

Google will release an updated version of the Phone app around October 21-25 and this update will remedy the unexpected behaviour that all of you are experiencing.

NeluGeolgau19
Visitor

Whenever I miss a call and I click on the phone app, the missed call app won't disappear. That is quite awkard for a flagship phone. Sony mobile, pleaae do something and fi, this problem. Thank you !

Jonas
Master

Hi @NeluGeolgau19, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Please have a look at my reply on the link below. Google will release an update that fixes this very soon! Slightly_smiling_Face

/t5/Xperia-1/phone-app-icon-1-won-t-go-away/m-p/1390772#M3665

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

dmj74
Visitor

@dbdave wrote:

I have managed to get rid of them....

I created another missed call, but accessed it by using the notification in the top message area, not the direct link on the phone app button.

This made them all go away..

Thank you! 😃

That solved the problem. I have had the missed call icon on my phone for days now.

Never happened to me with my previous  phones from sony (z3 compact, xz1) , but with my new xperia 5 it only took a few days before the problem appeared.

dmj74
Visitor

@Jonas wrote:

Hello everyone and I'm very sorry to hear about this!

Google will release an updated version of the Phone app around October 21-25 and this update will remedy the unexpected behaviour that all of you are experiencing.

Will the fix work on xperia 5 as it also has the same problem?

NeluGeolgau19
Visitor

Dear Jonas,

Yes, your reply in that link helps. I can't wait for that update in order to get rid of this annoying problem for a flagship phone. Thank you very much for your reseponse. Have a nice day !