Join now - be part of our community!

phone app icon (1) won't go away

SOLVED
billson
Visitor

phone app icon (1) won't go away

Hoping someone can help. I missed a call and there's a 1 on my phone app icon. I've tried everthing I can to get rid of it but it wont go, its been a couple of days now. I've deleted all call history, force stopped the app and restarted the phone. 

82 REPLIES 82
Jonas
Master

Hi @dmj74,

It should only affect Xperia 1 devices with a Vodafone customization as they have the Google phone app by default and not the Xperia phone app. However in the Xperia 5, the Google phone app is the default one (at least in the customizations I have tried), but I'll need to double check if it's the same solution for that device.

@NeluGeolgau19, you're very welcome and I understand it's annoying when it can't be deleted!

I hope you have a nice day as well! Slightly_smiling_Face

Gwanath
Visitor

Hi

I have just stared to use my Xperia 5 and it  seems to be the same problem here. 

The missed caller number on the phone app want zero out. Did try to reboot the phone, but still got the missed caller log there. 

SAWIG
Visitor

When is the Message app icon (#) notification going to get fixed? I will read the message but it still shows it as unread.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

It's a Google system bug, in the notification system.

It's been that way for a while, different phones, different diallers and apps.

Report it to Google as it's an intermittent bug.

Jonas
Master

@dmj74, I'm on it, just waiting for the confirmation still and in the Xperia 5 the customization should not matter since it's the Google phone app as default, it's just the Xperia 1 that is affected when you have a Vodafone customization.

Have a nice weekend! Slightly_smiling_Face

Aimacasi
Visitor

Hi there, any news on this Google phone app update?

My Xperia 1 needs it 😞

Jonas
Master

Hi again @dmj74,

I finally received information about the Xperia 5 and it was as I thought all along, the update for the Google phone application also applies to the Xperia 5.

When I search in the Google Play store it says "Last updated October 22nd" but the update is still not available in my device. Is that the case for you as well or is the update for the phone app available to you?

@Aimacasi, I'm afraid that I don't know more than what I have posted in this thread.

I still haven't received the update although the Google Play store says it was updated 2 days ago. Hopefully it shows up later today or tomorrow for everyone! Slightly_smiling_Face

If you have the time to write here when you receive it, that would be awesome.

Thank you and have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

Aimacasi
Visitor

I also don't have any update available on my phone...

Let's wait a couple more days. 
Thanks for the replay!

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Aimacasi,

Has there been any change? I saw in the Google Play store that the date updated from October 22 to October 24 so hopefully the update is available to everyone now, or at least to more users.

Aimacasi
Visitor

Hi Jonas,

This morning my phone was without the missing call sign!
So, I'm assuming that during the night it updated.
Everything's working fine now!!

Thanks;-)