Join now - be part of our community!

phone app icon (1) won't go away

SOLVED
billson
Visitor

phone app icon (1) won't go away

Hoping someone can help. I missed a call and there's a 1 on my phone app icon. I've tried everthing I can to get rid of it but it wont go, its been a couple of days now. I've deleted all call history, force stopped the app and restarted the phone. 

82 REPLIES 82
Aimacasi
Visitor

Hello again Jonas, 

Bad news, the missing call is back...

Any other ideas?

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Aimacasi,

Has there been any change now after the weekend or is it still showing a missed call on the icon even if you don't have one?

Thank you.

Aimacasi
Visitor

Hi Jonas, 

Unfortunately no, now I have 2 missed calls...

Any other update I should do?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

This and the messages one is a bug in the notifications service in Android.

It spans different apps and OS's from older Android versions to 9.

And it spans across different manufacturers, so not limited to Xperia 1 or its apps

NeluGeolgau19
Visitor

Dear Jonas,

The update didn't solve the problem. Do you have any other solutions regarding it?

Jonas
Master

Hello again everyone and I'm sorry for the late reply, I was out of office due to sickness.

Today I received some new information.

The unexpected behaviour is planned to be fixed in a future update of the Google Phone app with estimated roll out start date 25th of November 2019. The roll out will continue until early December.

Thanks again for all the reports and thank you for your patience.

Jonas
Master

@Aimacasi, sorry to hear that the update did not solve the missed call notification for you.

Please take a look at my new post that includes some new information about this unexpected behaviour, although it doesn't solve the current behaviour, I still hope it can shed some new light on the situation.

@NeluGeolgau19,

Please see my new post that I made in this thread.

I'm really sorry that it wasn't fixed and it will require some further investigation. I hope that it will be resolved as soon as possible as I understand it's very annoying having to see the notification dot on the icon when you already handled the missed call(s).

Aimacasi
Visitor

Thanks Jonas,

So, let's wait on another update. 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Thanks

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Aimacasi,

You're very welcome and I was really hoping that the update would resolve this but it seems that it's needs to be investigated even further.

Hopefully it is fixed very soon as it also affects the Xperia 5. You will know more when I know more, that's a promise! Slightly_smiling_Face

Take care and have a nice day!

NeluGeolgau19
Visitor

Si, Jonas, do you have any news regarding the update.that will fix the missed call icon?