Join now - be part of our community!

75XG9505 - motion problems

profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

75XG9505 - motion problems

After tests and professional calibration at 75XG9505:
- the movement settings are incredibly poorly made, with major deviations and malfunctions (example: smoothness .... If you set the option to maximum you do not get soap opera effect but rather a distortion or a halo around people - clearness does nothing but to darken the image);
- In application Netflix, in some films (not all), the movement is horible  with a fine stutter, which appears in certain sequences ... the Internet speed is excellent, without interruptions;
- movement provided by an external UHD bluray, with the same stutter problems;
- In the Kodi application, which runs video footage from an external hdd, the viewing is almost perfect, smooth - no problems. Strange, is not it?;
- the stutter effect also appears in the normal TV application but with a reduced frequency - It becomes even more strange;
- Blooming is not present aggressively and does not constitute a problem for watching video in most cases;
- colors and details, after calibration, very pleasant and natural, brightness, black level and contrast, good;
- a strange thing ... The calibrator wanted to set the color details separately in the submenu "Adv. Color temperature" but they were registered and active on all signal types or applications !!! So bye-bye, until possible corrections in software updates, separate HDR / SDR calibration;
- the uniformity of the screen is good, without vertical banding and with minimal DSE - the experience of use is not disturbed at all;
- although it does not have vertical banding, a similar, fine effect can be observed in the fast panning movements at football matches - a phenomenon recorded exclusively in images containing the whole field;
- the tennis ball leaves a noticeable trace even if the smoothness setting is at maximum;
- there are no problems with eArc, the sound being accurately reproduced through the receiver;
- good, but not excellent viewing angle - if the light is reflected in the panel, the X-wide filter layers can be observed regardless of the viewing angle;
- In a bright room, you can observe very well the degree of reflection in dark scenes;
- the delay in changing the TV channels is similar to Panasonic so I don't think it is a problem at all;
- the sound from internal speakers is sufficiently loud and clear. 
Resetting or restore at factory level will never bring any improvement - the result is still the same. The internet is not a problem regarding the fact that the issue is present also on an external bluray - also the speed an strenght are excellent. The problem or problems are possibly caused by the new x1 ultimate chip or the poorly made software.
So the experience with this TV is not a pleasant one, given the extremely high degree of software or hardware errors and my recommendation, until the problems are solved (which I hope will solve the strange ones that do not honor Sony in any way, with a good reputation about movement), is not to buy.

Tags (1)
38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

Few complaints? Look at Avsforum at real experience, from users that own this product.  For me it is inconceivable how it is possible that in the Kodi application everything will work ok and in the Netflix application no. Moreover, in the external bluray there is the same processing error, especially since the problem appears in scenes that put pressure on video processing - fast or slow panning....... it is clearly an engineering problem. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I am sorry but I cannot agree. There is no complain at all in this community apart from you and none in the italian community. If kodi is working and Netflix not it cannot be a problem with the tv but rather on the app. If any.  I do not suggest that you are not seeing the problem but maybe you are too much sensible to it (we are in any case talking about sample & hold technology) or your tv is faulty .
profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

This logic is slightly misplaced. When we have 6 or more people who have the same problem and when it is only visible in certain materials, you have to ask yourself whether the rest have run similar video or similar hardware. The observation you make is superficial and somewhat disturbing. We need support: 25 to 26 minutes in episode 2, series 3 - Stranger Things Netflix and of course Captain America Civil War 01: 28: 00-01: 33: 00. You see, how is it?
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I am sorry I disturb you I just wanted to help and show a different point of view. Six people is nothing in a consumer product and I cannot verify myself your suggestion since I have a different processor (and btw no Netflix anymore)
profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

As a statistic: how many people in your community in Italy have this TV model? How many people in the world have this model? How many have tested the same type of materials? Did Vincent and other professional calibrators test exactly the same or similar materials that would make video processing difficult? How long did they spend testing? You see, there are a lot of parameters that you certainly do not master so that issuing opinions based on nothing brings nothing to solve the problem. Thanks for trying to help but it is unsuccessful.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The same can be told about you but we are going nowhere. Maybe someone with the same tv can offer a better support.
profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

I do not agree at all with this type of behavior. Thank you ”rooobb”. Please let other users, who own the model, to make relevant comments - based on the subject, not on assumptions . Thanks.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@sonysta  @daniele9020  do you Have the same problem as @diaconusm  on yours xg95? 

profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

Please do the same tests. Playing the bluray disc from a dedicated machine (not an mkv file and not from an xbox or ps4) and watching Netflix at the same movie - at the same particular scene. It is possible to experience the same problem in other video materials.

profile.country.IT.title
daniele9020
Contributor

@rooobb I Have not seen these problems in My TV , but the The x1 processor on moving immages works Very well