Join now - be part of our community!

75XG9505 - motion problems

profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

75XG9505 - motion problems

After tests and professional calibration at 75XG9505:
- the movement settings are incredibly poorly made, with major deviations and malfunctions (example: smoothness .... If you set the option to maximum you do not get soap opera effect but rather a distortion or a halo around people - clearness does nothing but to darken the image);
- In application Netflix, in some films (not all), the movement is horible  with a fine stutter, which appears in certain sequences ... the Internet speed is excellent, without interruptions;
- movement provided by an external UHD bluray, with the same stutter problems;
- In the Kodi application, which runs video footage from an external hdd, the viewing is almost perfect, smooth - no problems. Strange, is not it?;
- the stutter effect also appears in the normal TV application but with a reduced frequency - It becomes even more strange;
- Blooming is not present aggressively and does not constitute a problem for watching video in most cases;
- colors and details, after calibration, very pleasant and natural, brightness, black level and contrast, good;
- a strange thing ... The calibrator wanted to set the color details separately in the submenu "Adv. Color temperature" but they were registered and active on all signal types or applications !!! So bye-bye, until possible corrections in software updates, separate HDR / SDR calibration;
- the uniformity of the screen is good, without vertical banding and with minimal DSE - the experience of use is not disturbed at all;
- although it does not have vertical banding, a similar, fine effect can be observed in the fast panning movements at football matches - a phenomenon recorded exclusively in images containing the whole field;
- the tennis ball leaves a noticeable trace even if the smoothness setting is at maximum;
- there are no problems with eArc, the sound being accurately reproduced through the receiver;
- good, but not excellent viewing angle - if the light is reflected in the panel, the X-wide filter layers can be observed regardless of the viewing angle;
- In a bright room, you can observe very well the degree of reflection in dark scenes;
- the delay in changing the TV channels is similar to Panasonic so I don't think it is a problem at all;
- the sound from internal speakers is sufficiently loud and clear. 
Resetting or restore at factory level will never bring any improvement - the result is still the same. The internet is not a problem regarding the fact that the issue is present also on an external bluray - also the speed an strenght are excellent. The problem or problems are possibly caused by the new x1 ultimate chip or the poorly made software.
So the experience with this TV is not a pleasant one, given the extremely high degree of software or hardware errors and my recommendation, until the problems are solved (which I hope will solve the strange ones that do not honor Sony in any way, with a good reputation about movement), is not to buy.

Tags (1)
38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

@daniele9020  did you test your tv with those video materials or your answer is based on your own experience in using the tv? Thank you.

profile.country.IT.title
daniele9020
Contributor

Uhd end local TV 

profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

@daniele9020  Could you please test the following video materials?
25 to 26 minutes in episode 2, series 3 - Stranger Things at Netflix app.
Captain America Civil War 01: 28: 00 - 01: 33: 00 .......chose your method of playing (mkv or bluray disc).
Thank you.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

testing some very specific content is pointless since we know that technology is flawed. Testing it with worst possible examples really does not prove anything else but that. And the more you look at that example the worse it will be.

On avs forums basically just one guy is preaching the same thing over and over, the rest are mostly happy with their sets.

profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

@kinggo01  ”On avs forums basically just one guy is preaching the same thing over and over, the rest are mostly happy with their sets.”
Please look again: ”meburdick”, ”allencc3”, ”rhodes800”......and others. Just search through posts....all the posts. I am looking for an answer and also a solution from Sony regarding this big mess. 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

I don't know what to tell you but....

-If you set the option to maximum you do not get soap opera effect but rather a distortion or a halo around people - clearness does nothing but to darken the image-

That's not the case here. I do get terrible SOE here. Clearness does what it is supposed to do as it is essentially BFI.

For me, on models with motionflow I always had it set to off since even on minimum SOE was always visible since BFI was unusable on edge lit TV. But on XG95 using custom with 1-1 settings produce very good result, SOE is not visible and picture is barely a bit darker and considering how bright the TV is that's really not an issue. What is more important is that unlike on motionflow, using BFI (clearness) does not cause flickering.

profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

@kinggo01 Seeing your answer I understand clearly that we have different types of poison. The movement disturbs me because it is not linear all the time - SOE is not a problem and not terrible. The fact that in an internal application movement processing can work well causes me to believe that it is a programming error or a hardware error. Again, have you tried the same materials? Generalist and ultrasubjective opinions will not help in such problems. If different tv”s with same hardware, using the same video material give the same result then it is a real problem.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

if you are talking about stuttering, than yeah...... it is present on broadcast material with interlaced signal. But there's nothing any TV can do about. On slower simple scenes TVs can compensate for that but with fast moving scene that will always be visible. Interlaced is OK for saving bandwidth but sucks as a source.

profile.country.RO.title
diaconusm
Explorer

@kinggo01 ”But there's nothing any TV can do about”....really? On my older Panasonic DX700e this motion problem is not present equally - same tests. Of course, DX700e has other problems but not this severe one. What it is very, but very strange, is that the fact that this problem is present only in Netflix app, external bluray and some scenes from tv app. 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Can you record that? Can you post your exact picture settings?