Join now - be part of our community!

Connected, no internet

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
botty1963

Connected, no internet

Hi, I've had my Android TV now for about 3 months and never had any connection issues. However, yesterday the power went off and when it came back on we had no issues with any other deviced in the house, all connected and carried on working fine. The TV came back on and appeared to connect back to the WIFI, but when I tried YouTube - no connection. I tried various other apps, and only Netflix works; and works fine as I watched a movie to test it. 

I have tried another router, and again everything else works but the TV is the same, only Netflix works. I have disconnected, reconnected, connected with manual password, connected via WPS still the same. I saw a post that suggested WIFI direct causes an issue, but mine is not on. In fact, I put it on, tried it, then off and tried again and it made no difference.

I went into the 'initial setup' for the TV and started again, but still the same. I have been into the network settings and tried setting it as IPV6 but that doesn't work. So, any help would be appreciated.

77 REPLIES 77

OMG, such a simple fix but I'd never have found it. Thank you! 

profile.country.GB.title
lmoreland69
New

Thank you so very very much for this resolved the WiFi no internet connection issue and I am extremely happy.

profile.country.GB.title
Rickford
Explorer

I’ve been having the same problem with my KD-49xf7596 for ages. “Connected to Wi-fi no internet”.  It was driving me crazy, if I totally reset the tv, the internet would work for a few days then it would go back to no internet. 
I did then set the correct time and date and that did the trick!! All ok and working fine now! 
MANY  thanks!!  👍

profile.country.GB.title
gusingh27
New

Thanks, I had same problem. GOT FIXED.

profile.country.GB.title
pajomcc
Explorer

After frustratingly rebooting router, unplugging TV and having to do factory resets the last few times this issue occurred, im delighted to find this simple solution.

Quick reset of the time and date and were back in action, thanks for posting guys 👍 

Anthony

Davely68
New

If you've a Bravia KD-43X blah blah:
This is nothing to DO with switching on and off and hard resets and all that balls. It's Sony's fault. It is to do with the clock. The BLOODY CLOCK. After WEEKS of being unable to view YouTube and so on. and buying new cables. I am livid!
See this
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-43xf7596/artic...

Firmware v6.6575 solution available

Sony is pleased to announce that the newest firmware package v6.6575 will fix the issue described below.

The recommended way to receive this update is by ensuring that the automatic software download setting on your TV is turned ON.
The update will roll out to all eligible TVs over the coming weeks. 

Alternatively, you can download the firmware, and update your TV using a USB flash memory device.

Sony always takes customer feedback into consideration, striving for innovation and overall product quality.

Network error message or wrong time displayed

Do you see a [network not connected] message displayed after you recently updated your TV, and experience one or more of the following symptoms:

• You notice that the time indicated on the HOME screen is incorrect.
  • Some apps might not work, while others function normally.
  • The network status says “Connected, No Internet.” 

If so, your TV’s internal clock might not match with the internet clock after the software update, which is causing this network error.  
You can solve this by changing the clock setting to “Network Time”

How to set the clock to Network Time

Go to [Settings]  

→ scroll down to [System Preferences] → select [Date & time] → select [Use Network Time] 

Alternatively, if you have broadcast channels installed, watch a TV channel for at least 30 seconds and return to the HOME screen to check if the displayed time is correct.

If your situation does not improve after attempting this solution, please contact us (UK) (Republic of Ireland). 

profile.country.GB.title
karkevich
Explorer

It helped me to, to change the time settings to get the time from the network.

profile.country.GB.title
KyawThuLwin
New

Actually, I often try to solve this problem as above replies. But, They don't work. Changing Time and Date Setting very often, it's the same. Reset TV and WiFi very often, it's not OK. Change the SSID and Password very often, nothing has changed. At last, I change the TV network type from DHCP to Static and change IP Adress to 192.168.100.128. Finally, It works.

Soni11
Explorer

OMG! I never post things on line but wow  a big Thankyou. Haven’t had connection for months and tried going round and round the loop to reboot with no success. Saw other peoples’ comment about time and date discrepancy and looked to find the wrong date. Have changed that and all connected to the internet and apps working! Hooray!

Jrisaac
New