Join now - be part of our community!

Connected, no internet

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
botty1963

Connected, no internet

Hi, I've had my Android TV now for about 3 months and never had any connection issues. However, yesterday the power went off and when it came back on we had no issues with any other deviced in the house, all connected and carried on working fine. The TV came back on and appeared to connect back to the WIFI, but when I tried YouTube - no connection. I tried various other apps, and only Netflix works; and works fine as I watched a movie to test it. 

I have tried another router, and again everything else works but the TV is the same, only Netflix works. I have disconnected, reconnected, connected with manual password, connected via WPS still the same. I saw a post that suggested WIFI direct causes an issue, but mine is not on. In fact, I put it on, tried it, then off and tried again and it made no difference.

I went into the 'initial setup' for the TV and started again, but still the same. I have been into the network settings and tried setting it as IPV6 but that doesn't work. So, any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
botty1963

It was a power cut, and was off for just over an hour.

And after spending more time trawling the internet, I have fixed it.

Although I had to set the date and time back up after the power cut, it was set 3 minutes different to the time that was showing on my phone, so I set the TV to get the time from the network and it fixed it there and then. So all caused by the time being 3 minutes out. I'm not sure why Netflix carried on working whereas all other apps said there was no internet connection, but now it's fixed I won't worry about it.

View solution in original post

77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @botty1963 :slight_smile:

Was the power off intentional?

Does the TV show that it is connected in your wifi section?

I'm wondering if its firstly worth you going into app settings and

doing a force stop on Youtube / other apps and then opening them again

to see if that helped.

profile.country.GB.title
botty1963

It was a power cut, and was off for just over an hour.

And after spending more time trawling the internet, I have fixed it.

Although I had to set the date and time back up after the power cut, it was set 3 minutes different to the time that was showing on my phone, so I set the TV to get the time from the network and it fixed it there and then. So all caused by the time being 3 minutes out. I'm not sure why Netflix carried on working whereas all other apps said there was no internet connection, but now it's fixed I won't worry about it.

profile.country.GB.title
Graham.west64
New

Hi, I had same problem with Bravia OLED tv. Connected to WiFi but no internet connection

it was simply to do with time setting.  Fixed by going into System Sttings - Date and Time, and selecting Automatic date and time to “use network time”

hey presto, all now working fine

paisano76
New

Good work on finding the solution. I had the same problem one year on from you with the same issue with my builder switching off the house main power.  The TV was showing a 1-hour difference so I followed what you did and it fixed the problem.

Thanks!

Paulyjb
New

Oh my god this is crazy! Just been swearing at my TV for an hour and correcting the network time fixed it.

Thanks!!! 

Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
Clairee
Explorer

Our OLED tv is one week old, was watching Amazon prime and it suddenly stopped working, no Netflix either, tried the time thing and it hasn’t made any difference, I have checked and it says connected no internet, however I have checked the network on the tv and it is fine with excellent strength signal, can anyone advise? 

profile.country.GB.title
Clairee
Explorer

I rebooted it and solved the issue 

Greenerz
New

OMG, I can't believe this, my WiFi has been connected for over a year, couldn't connect today to watch something, reset router lost all Internet had to reset and set up broadband, what a ball ache, checked time, how the hell does this affect the TV?? But it worked, bloody hell Sony

profile.country.GB.title
whymakeitsocumbersome
Explorer

Hey botty1963,

I usually never register on forums, but for this solution I had to!

Thank you so much!!! I almost threw the remote control into my TV when it didn't work properly after moving to another place, but fixing the date worked like a charm.

As you said having it disconnected from the power seems to have been the problem, but it's such a weird error when all apps say that there is no internet connection while Netflix works fine.

Anyways, one and half years later and still the same problems, but one more happy customer of your clinics! 😉

Cheers,

whymakeitsocumbersome