Join now - be part of our community!

Connected, no internet

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
botty1963

Connected, no internet

Hi, I've had my Android TV now for about 3 months and never had any connection issues. However, yesterday the power went off and when it came back on we had no issues with any other deviced in the house, all connected and carried on working fine. The TV came back on and appeared to connect back to the WIFI, but when I tried YouTube - no connection. I tried various other apps, and only Netflix works; and works fine as I watched a movie to test it. 

I have tried another router, and again everything else works but the TV is the same, only Netflix works. I have disconnected, reconnected, connected with manual password, connected via WPS still the same. I saw a post that suggested WIFI direct causes an issue, but mine is not on. In fact, I put it on, tried it, then off and tried again and it made no difference.

I went into the 'initial setup' for the TV and started again, but still the same. I have been into the network settings and tried setting it as IPV6 but that doesn't work. So, any help would be appreciated.

77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
Kekokeko1212
New

I opened this account just to thank you. So Thank youuuu!!!! 

profile.country.GB.title
Lheeley3
Explorer

Hi 

I just had the same problem, my power was tripped in the night and knocked all the power off, Netflix was working but nothing else and after finding solution I saw the tv was saying 02:06am so that must be when the power tripped it’s driven me bonkers for 3 days thank you for sharing your a star ️ 

laura x

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Glad it helped..  Had me going for a while

Nice one

John

Donnell84
Explorer

Thank you this helped so much I couldn’t figure it out only app worked was Netflix. I would have never guessed time and date thanks again.

Donnell84
Explorer

Lol same here I registered just to say thank you I was going crazy in here with only Netflix to watch.

profile.country.GB.title
JKwood79
New

After all the things I've tried to fix this problem, what you recommend was the solution. Thanks for the advice!

profile.country.GB.title
Beekay
New

Thank you so much for this!  After 2 hours of trying to work out why everything else could connect to the Internet but the TV couldn't, I found this post.  In my case we'd had to hard power-cycle the TV (ok, pull the plug) as the TV had locked up again.  On reboot the TV had decided to set date and time as 'broadcast time'.  I set it to 'network time' and instantly all was well.

I have to say, picture and sound on my Bravia TV are excellent but the implementation of Android, the lack of processing power and/or RAM (or whatever it is that makes it react like a slug crawling through treacle) are pretty abysmal!

TVphile
New

Hi, like many others thanks for bringing this up and then getting the answer out there! After many frustrating attempts to solve the "WiFi connected, no internet" issue on my Bravia TV with factory reset, router reboots etc etc I finally found this thread, clicked on "network time" and problem solved, magic. What puzzles me is why none of the Sony troubleshooting pages refer to this possible answer as from earlier posts it happens to many people!