Join now - be part of our community!

Connected, no internet

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
botty1963

Connected, no internet

Hi, I've had my Android TV now for about 3 months and never had any connection issues. However, yesterday the power went off and when it came back on we had no issues with any other deviced in the house, all connected and carried on working fine. The TV came back on and appeared to connect back to the WIFI, but when I tried YouTube - no connection. I tried various other apps, and only Netflix works; and works fine as I watched a movie to test it. 

I have tried another router, and again everything else works but the TV is the same, only Netflix works. I have disconnected, reconnected, connected with manual password, connected via WPS still the same. I saw a post that suggested WIFI direct causes an issue, but mine is not on. In fact, I put it on, tried it, then off and tried again and it made no difference.

I went into the 'initial setup' for the TV and started again, but still the same. I have been into the network settings and tried setting it as IPV6 but that doesn't work. So, any help would be appreciated.

77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
Landells
New

Setting time to "Use Network time" solved the issue.

We had a power failure on Saturday morning 14 December

I was trying to download apps this morning but same issue, just went in to check the time and it is after 12 midday but it said 7:44am and 22 June. Set it to network time and all fixed, brilliant thank you

have a great Christmas

profile.country.GB.title
nigelblack
New

Thank you so much for this...

I've had my Sony TV for over a year now and forever struggled to keep a consistent WiFi connection. At least once a week the TV would disconnect.

Finding this solution has solved all previous connection issues!

Thank you!

Domme2xlc
New

HELP! 

same problem connected but no internet is shown as message. Netflix works. YouTube and video land does not work.   Read all the messages but I cannot change my time settings from broadcast time to anything different as it is grey and unchangeable. Nearly loosing my mind. Power was cut as we got a new smart meter reader.  Can anybody please help? Would really appreciate. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jo_Jarman
Explorer

I had to register to say a big thanks.

Exactly the same problem as you.  Tried everything you did for an hour and couldn't work out why everything else was OK.  Couldn't understand that Netflix when nothing else did.

Never had the problem before after power was off.

Thought of checking the web and instantly found your solution.

So happy :slight_smile:  

profile.country.GB.title
chillman76
Explorer

Thanks so much for this solution, spent yesterday getting the TV on-line with a LAN cable after it suddenly lost the  internet connection overnight! No power cuts, no nothing just blip!! The timer solution sorted it out perfectly so thanks very much

profile.country.GB.title
chelsMan88
Explorer

Thank you so much! Would never have guessed that. Done the trick, Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
chelsMan88
Explorer

Thank you!

profile.country.GB.title
botty1963

My SMART TV is no longer smart, I no longer use it for accessing online services. After constant issues with WIFI connectivity (the only item in the house that has the issues), I just gave up. I did have the WIFI module replaced but the same issue with intermittent connectivity. I then decided to use one of the 'Home Plug' devices so that I could use the LAN connection via the mains sockets, and although this was more reliable I have always found them a little hit and miss when I have tried to use them before with PC's. So I now just use my Sky-Q Device to access Netflix, YouTube, Prime etc as that never fails on the WIFI, and the TV is now simply a device for displaying what comes via the Sky-Q box.

profile.country.GB.title
AlicjaE
Explorer

It didn’t work for me. I am close to throwing something at this tv. Please help