Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

Interesting to hear the 9305 is fixed. The 8599 still has the issue for me on all of my 4K rgb full range sources. Replacement tv will be here by 5pm though. If it is the same I will push for an upgrade from support to your model as I paid for my 8599 then what the 9305 now costs to the penny.

gap300789
Explorer

had juddering last two days on 55X8509

turning off tv fixes it

profile.country.GB.title
Timmy1967
Explorer

I have a KD 49X 8307C and a Sony TV receiver STR-DN1050 .

When I use my media streamer and set the AC receiver to master in 4k I get a judder.I know that I can leave the the TV to do the upscaling but it would seem to me that if tried to stream genuine 4k through the AC receiver it would judder .Pretty rubbish that Sony TV can't even get their own equipment to work without a flaw.

Also if you use the in built Google app for streaming video you can't change the aspect ratio and by default the Google app displays in full screen.

Honestly wish I had bought a Samsung Tv .I will do the next time ,when I can save up the  money

profile.country.GB.title
NRG117

My TV = KD65X8509C

Still have juddering

Does anyone know what triggers the blutooth setting to turn itself from off to on ?

Can manually turn it off myself but for some reason it comes back on by itself (without me using the touchpad remote or a ps4 controller)

Would very much appreciate this information.  Kind regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @NRG117

The issue of bluetooth switching itself on seemingly randomly is a known issue:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2193783#M85

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

Sony has considered that the general widespread issue of this juddering issue has been solved.  However there are a couple of reports that some are still experiencing this problem.  This will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

If you are still experiencing issues on this, please contact Sony Support:
http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

My replacement XD8599 still judders. Sky Q silver and BT vision UHD and RGB 4k on the pc. All cables are totally different cables and all certified right upto a £100 monster 27gbps cable.

Please upgrade me to a higher model at no cost to myself as I paid £1499 when this came out.

mbmapit
Explorer

Updated my 75XD9405 and am still getting judder. Not all the time it happens every 2-3mins judders twice then stops and repeats at the previously stated intervals. Sony thoughtfully emailed me the following:

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting Sony Support,

referring to the question, after update please change one of the following settings:

1. Go to (Picture settings) - (Advanced settings) - (Reset) -and select (Reset)
  2. Change the Motionflow setting to (OFF)

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Is this an admission that the TV is faulty/not fit for purpose as I can't use Motionflow if watching 4K?

Shocking customer support for a TV I paid £5000 for.

mbmapit
Explorer

Still no reply here or from Sony via email, great support!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Timmy1967
Explorer

I have not heard from them either after my e mail .A 4k TV that can't play
4k from an HDMI input .
Only way to get them to respond is to plaster it over social media