Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
marc.knuckle
Explorer

Thanks mate . 

After 2 months being in discussion with richer sounds and patiently waiting for each update , they threw the towel in and authorised the local branch to exchange . 

So , instead of having a tv of equal spec i paid the extra and upgraded to the Panasonic 700b, 58 inch (old Sony was 49 inch ) 

Just setting it up now . 

Apart from dragging their feet the richer sound help line did a good job handling it . The solihull store was great . Due to a back injury they did everything for me . Unloaded the old from the car , stuck the new one in as well . I didn't have to lift a finger . 

cosimoss
Explorer

Another post from the Sky forum, this time PixelPerfect who said that the judder came back after 3 days::

Re: Juddering in 2160p mode when using Sony TV

KD-65X8509C

Both recorded and Live shows .. And on my Pc using a GTX980Ti Both connected via 18kbps Acon Hdmi Cables

Both Hdmi channels set to enhanced.

awaiting a call back from Sony after spending 35 minutes with a live help guy who did a remote support  connection and took over my tv to check all my settings. It was set up correctly ..

frankie1g

No no no
profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

I have the 7/11/2016 update and it didn't fix the tv it is still terrible.

I'm using monster 28gbps hdmi cable and have tried the certified cable from the ps4 pro.

My 55XD8599 stutters all the time on 2160p 4:4:4 color from my pc and also sometimes still on my sky q box during 4k footy matches and normal tv channels. Only a reboot makes it go away. I've phoned Sony and they said they will get back to me today via email but they are shut now and I never heard back. I feel like I lost £1500 as Currys don't want to know.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@bemaniac84 wrote:

I have the 7/11/2016 update and it didn't fix the tv it is still terrible.

I'm using monster 28gbps hdmi cable and have tried the certified cable from the ps4 pro.

My 55XD8599 stutters all the time on 2160p 4:4:4 color from my pc and also sometimes still on my sky q box during 4k footy matches and normal tv channels. Only a reboot makes it go away. I've phoned Sony and they said they will get back to me today via email but they are shut now and I never heard back. I feel like I lost £1500 as Currys don't want to know.

Have you factory reset?

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

Yep so many times :slight_smile: On the phone they said I'd provided more technical information than they had captured so far on the problem and that I'd done everything I could and that their fixes have not been good enough.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bemaniac84

I have escalated your issue to Sony Support for them to investigate.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

ok, I've still not had a call back or an email which I wanted originally. They sounded so sincere on the phone about emailling me within 24 hours and I just feel let down by Sony support. I wish I had more time off so I could keep pestering them. I'm going to make a huge effort to call them more times and push them this weekend.

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

HI, as feedback this update rcently released has fixed my 55x8509c judder issues - so far! Been running well since the release.

rgds

profile.country.FI.title
Danmot
Explorer

The latest 3.533 didn't fix the issue, I'm still getting the juddering randomly when using PC (HDMI via Nvidia GTX 960) at 3840x2160 @ 60Hz or 50Hz. For some reason 4K@59Hz has always worked perfectly without any juddering. Also lower resolutions such as 1080p are fine. Video showing how the juddering looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avEro92YZZY

I think apps like Netflix etc are not affected by the issue because they use mostly 23.976Hz ?