Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working anymore after Android update

SOLVED
profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

Netflix not working anymore after Android update

After Android was been updated to 6.1004, the app Netflix is not loading contents anymore.

The Netflix version 4.0.2 and 4.0.4 is stopping at 25% when loading everything.

If I remove the updated and return to the origina 3.13 version, it works without problems.

I've already:

1) unplugged the tv

2) resetted the tv to the factory settings

3) deleted every temporary data from the app

4) ask to Netflix support service to help me

5) I can use Netflix app on my smartphone together with Chromecast connexted to the tv, succesfully.

Please, give me a solution or I need (everytime) to remove the update to run Netflix app.

Thanks.

46 REPLIES 46
profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

In regards to ISP, sometimes turning OFF Parental controls (and something else which I have forgotten) if your ISP is also BT will work.  Hence the question about what your ISP is. 

I have no parental control activated, everithing is flowing outside like before the app was been updated.

Mi ISP is TIM for home (fiber) like for mobile (4G).

At this stage, I have seen very little complaints about Netflix - considering that Sony has rolled-out the Marshmallow firmware to everyone now - if the problem was more serious, I would expect this forum to be flooded with complaints.

Yes you right but... when I've been talked with Netflix support service, they told me to don't call Sony support service because they are in touch with them... maybe this the reason why :slight_smile:

Reason why it works on iPhones and other devices is because its probably a different version of the app and also a potential to route traffic through different places.

Yeeeees! It's what I'm saying from the start: the issue is in the app and not in the router/ISP. If every network connection is working perfectly between every Netflix apps and the Netflix servers, there is something wrong in the last update of the app.for Sony android tv.

I'm using smartphone by home wifi connection (same router and same ISP of the wired tv connection).

I think there is something wrong in the app looking for something in the wrong way. I don't know why using smartphone as hotspot, the app works but... I'm not THE programmers of the app.

Cause the programmers are (or should be) Sony employees, I think Sony must find the solution.

I think they knows how the app is made (not me) and they should know how it run. 

I'm so sorry, but I'm not an Android friend and I don't know how I can enable some kind of log to see what happens in the tv... this should be helpful to understand better the reason of the issue.

Anyway, I will let you know if there are something in the ISP forums/blogs regarding this kind of issue.

This is what I think (but for sure is not a Bible where you must believe :)).

Stanherschel
Explorer

I have the exact same issue, I have a Vodafone router. Has there been any solution yet? Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

No, I'm afraid.

In the meanwhile I've called my Isp support service and they haven't any notices about Sony/Netflix app issue on TIM network/devices.

If there are anyone can enable any kind on log/debug on the Sony tv, should be useful to understand better the issue.

I think we need to focus on the last app update by Sony.
Is there any Sony employee enabled to help us in this forum???
profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

No answers from Sony?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately Sony do not post on these forums, so it is up to community members to assist each other.  However some forum members (such as myself) can escalate issues from this forum directly to Sony.

I apologise that I forgot about this thread.  However I have now escalated your problem directly to Sony Support as to be honest, I am unsure on how else to help you Im afraid.  Please ensure that you have correct contact details in your account profile as Sony should be contacting you.  It will be early next week now as its friday.

Please let us know how you get on

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

Looking around internet, I found so many topics regarding Netflix app on sony android tvs, like in another area in this Forum.

It seems always related to the last Android update (6.1004) and the last Netflix app developed by Sony.

Please, avoid to ask to use a different ISP to test the app... it's rather inappropriate :slight_smile:

Hoping Sony is able to solve...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You may have found many topics about Netflix, but are they related to your exact issue?  If so, can you please post the links here, as I can then pass this onto Sony too.  Using the principle of more complaints = faster resolution :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

I've just type "sony android tv netflix" in Google :slight_smile:

I mean, for various reasons, there are many issue on the Netflix app after
the firmware was been updated.

If Sony wants to understand better, just need to use Google :slight_smile:
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get what your saying, but its like typing "I have a problem with windows" into google. 

Anyway, let leave it for Sony to figure out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Paolo06Sony

Just to let you know - it appears that someone else is having the same problem:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/netflix-wont-play-anything/m-p/2330584

Cheers