Join now - be part of our community!

Random Android Reboot

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Random Android Reboot

I have seen previous comments of a similar nature but wonder if anyone is currently experiencing the same now.

My 2017 Bravia XD8305 49" is nearing the end of its warranty (the previous one listed 5 yrs 2mths!) so I aim concerned.  Since last Android update in March 2021 I have experienced random rebooting of Android system. I have not been establish any pattern. I have tried switching on TV first then and Virgin V6 and the reverse.  Sometimes on switch on or soon after : sometimes after about half an hour- sometimes more.  In all cases (but one) the sound goes first followed by the picture about 10 seconds later then blank screen and reboots Android when it restarts where I left off.  

I reported it to Sony who had me doing factory reset etc. without any change. Told to be patient and it would be sorted in next software update.. Except it isn't .  Another factory reset. Locking up. remote not working. Unplugged from wall got it going but not solved. Told I have been to be patient again as it has been referred up to technical (again!). Virgin Media say they have no knowledge of problem.

Surely I can't be alone?

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.GB.title
Matelo1971
Explorer

I have Freeview box ( Manhattan)

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

I wondered if having an external feed from a box rather than an aerial could be a factor but no technical basis for this supposition.

profile.country.GB.title
penfold72

I've got this exact same issue. 49XG8096. Occasionally sound goes off and then system reboots. It's almost always just after tv been switched on. Sky q and a Blu-ray player the only things connected to it. 

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Thanks for the response. Glad to know I’m not alone in this. 
Does it make an difference if you switch the tv or box on first?

Wonder how much effort they are putting into resolving this - my warranty expires in a few weeks. 

Piscie
Community Team

Have you tried different HDMI ports as well? and different HDMI cables? Had it make any difference ? And have you tried to enhance the HDMI formats?

profile.country.GB.title
penfold72

Sky q is in hdmi2 which is set to enhanced mode so as sky can output 2160p 10bit. The bluray id in port 4, standard setting. Seems to only really do it as soon as its switched on if its going to do it, but sometimes just randomly whenever.... 

Piscie
Community Team

Hi, have you got a response from the Son reps or not yet?

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

Just periodic statements saying their engineers are looking at it on ongoing basis. I have emailed again today to say unable to access the settings menu as well as the loss of volume of indication - cited by brief disconnection from mains -again.  Asked for a guarantee extension as it ends next month. Last set expired 2 weeks after five years and got no sympathy.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, I've seen the below workarounds being posted by Sony:

Disabling the interactive application* (HbbTV)
Go to: [HOME] → [Settings] → [Watching TV] → [Channels] →[Channel Setup] → [Digital setup] → [Interactive Application Setup] → [Interactive Application] → [OFF]
*The availability of the "Interactive Application" feature depends on your country.
Turning off [Update Guide in standby] setting
Go to: [HOME] → [Settings] → [Watching TV] → [Channels] → [Channel Setup] → [Digital Setup] → [Guide setup] → [Update Guide in standby] → [OFF]

Give them a try if you didn't and let us know the outcome.

profile.country.GB.title
billdog

I was asked by Sony to do this yesterday but problem occurred on switch on as usual today.