Join now - be part of our community!

Sound Bar Not Working With Sony KD55XD9305 Apps

SOLVED
preeder1963

Sound Bar Not Working With Sony KD55XD9305 Apps

Hi

I have a Sony KD55XD9305BU  Smart Android TV which is linked to a Cambridge TVB2 sound bar - both a few days old.  Linked via the HDMI 4 port which is ARC.

My Virgin Media box, a TV Media Box, and a Bluray player are also connected to the TV via HDMI.

The sound bar works faultlessly with the three boxes listed above.

However, when I use the TV's on board Apps, such as Amazon and BBC I player, the sound fails to make it to the sound bar and I either get silence or a loud clicking.  The picture will also stall when trying to watch apps with the sound bar selected and switched on.  If I switch to TV speakers then the apps work fine.

I can't really take the sound bar back as I would have to admit it works fine.  Is my TV maybe malfunctioning or is there some setting buried deep in the menus that I haven't found yet?  Spent most of Xmas on this so any help much appreciated.

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@rooobb wrote:

@preeder1963 it was not me but @royabrown who suggested to check the connection but still happy you found out the way :wink:

Thank you @rooobb - have a kudo.

But like you, I am happy to see a satisfied user with things all patched up (literally in this case :smileylaugh:) so they can enjoy their TV!

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Anonymous
Not applicable

@preeder1963 - Glad its working again.  Fingers crossed it sticks this time (pardon the pun) :slight_smile: