Join now - be part of our community!

TV Reboots from standby after firmware update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Robfrab
Explorer

TV Reboots from standby after firmware update

KD49XG9005 update software to 6546. TV now reboots after a period in standby. It was fine on previous version. On researching seems to go back for some time as a generic problem. Tried clearing cache, switching wifi on and off as suggested on some posts. Inconsistent behaviour makes difficult to use harmony controller and of course means waiting for reboot.   Anybody got understanding if what causes this and found a solution. 

ok with reset if I have but want to avoid and prefer if someone can confirm it worked from them.

41 REPLIES 41
profile.country.GB.title
Beechit
Explorer

After month's of searching for an explanation, cable swapping, settings, resets, cache clearing, power supply swapping.... I can confirm THE ONLY FIX for the random rebooting of your TV is to turn ON the simple IP switching. Been a devoted Sony man for years but this issue forces me to reconsider my options next time round

Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Home Network > IP Control, and set the Simple IP Control switch to the on position

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Beechit, which TV model have you got? and which software version is currently installed?