Join now - be part of our community!

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

I woke up today as excited as a child creeping downstairs on Christmas Morning to see if the milk and cookies left for Saint Nick and Rudolph have been consumed.

Why? Its World Cup Time of course and another chance to play in the Sony League!

Dan-Dun-Dan-Dan-Da-Da-Da-Da-Daaa (apologies for my Samba Singing - plus its hard for me to type while I'm dancing.)

For those who want to join up and haven't seen the details yet please have a look at the Sony Fantasy League Competition details Here

Please don't foget to confirm your FiFa profile name underneath the blog :thumbsup:

How have other members found choosing their squads?

For me its nice having a couple of decent players but not so nice having Honduras and Iran players too lol

Did anyone manage to buy more than about 5 decent players?

97 REPLIES 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did relatively well last night - unsure if I should be posting points etc (as it is a competition) ?????

I am also finding the FF site difficult to use with a lack of updates and STATS !!!!

I can only get the Sony Community League by going to "My Leagues" > Seach for "Sony" (under join league).  I cannot see everyone elses teams or points like the premier league FF

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yeah I'm hoping its a glitch rather than deliberate site design, although it says

"Don't see your latest points? Don't worry! Points will be updated a few minutes after a round is over."

To me a 'match' is different to a 'round' e.g. Murray lost his match in the 3rd round of Queens.

Surely we won't have to wait until each team has played once / finished the group stage before we see a points tally?

I have to make a decision soon about whether to play Ronaldo or Klose this week too. :thinking:

Marcelo accumulated a huge 4 points for me last night LOL.

-2 points for the own goal! ROFL

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the round will finish once all teams have played once.  Not the best in my opinion in updating scores - should be a running total after each game day.  However with the ability to change players around during the round, this may account for that?

I had Neymar, Oscar and Luiz and scored well :grin: :grin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

I got 18 points for Neymar and Paulinho 😉

Hope my Belgians will bring more points than in the premiership fantasy league :tongue:

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Done tweety2b

For the record, I scored 34 yesterday :grin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

waaw nice 😉

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Very healthy score Quinnicus :wink:

@tweety2b Snap! I scored 18 points for Neymar and Marcelo.

I picked Mignolet as Goalie but forgot to look at who Belgium will be playing lol.

p.s. is it too soon to make 'Brazilian' jokes yet? :yahoo:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldnt have picked this score betwen Spain and Netherlands.

Sigh, got 3 Spanish players too :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

What a match :anguished:

Can't believe I still got 10 points for Pique.

I thought you'd lose points for so many goals against.

Looking forward to seeing how Uruguay play tonight.

(Oh and of course England, although I'm expecting the players to be

covered in the green paint they sprayed on the pitch within 5 minutes.)

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

@jumpsuit wrote:

p.s. is it too soon to make 'Brazilian' jokes yet? :yahoo:

At this stage I think you need some input from an expert - having wide professional experience of Brazilian's @faithx is the one to consult:smileywink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat