Join now - be part of our community!

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

I woke up today as excited as a child creeping downstairs on Christmas Morning to see if the milk and cookies left for Saint Nick and Rudolph have been consumed.

Why? Its World Cup Time of course and another chance to play in the Sony League!

Dan-Dun-Dan-Dan-Da-Da-Da-Da-Daaa (apologies for my Samba Singing - plus its hard for me to type while I'm dancing.)

For those who want to join up and haven't seen the details yet please have a look at the Sony Fantasy League Competition details Here

Please don't foget to confirm your FiFa profile name underneath the blog :thumbsup:

How have other members found choosing their squads?

For me its nice having a couple of decent players but not so nice having Honduras and Iran players too lol

Did anyone manage to buy more than about 5 decent players?

97 REPLIES 97
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

ROFL Rich912 :laughing:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - LOL !!

Last night I actually wanted to the Aussies to win, too bad. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Some of my scores aren't looking too good at the mo lol

It would probably help in future if I remember to buy Spanish players that actually play in a match.

Getting impatient to se the updated list / table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had that same problem jumpy, 1 spanish and a mexican never played, swapped them around for a Honduras last night, who never played either :cry:

IMHO, the lack of updates to the FF table, disconnects people from the game itself and therefore the 'fun' factory is lost to the 'competition' factor.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Quick warning, don't change your formation!

I just tried to swap a striker for a midfielder and it decided to take captain Neymar off and the points with him.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drewde OUCH!!!  Thanks for the warning !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Captain Ronaldo was a big disappointment :cry:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone notice that points have been added on the side bar area, but they are incorrect (on the low side) ?

EDIT: Don't worry, its just updated itself.  Its now correct.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

I think you can switch your captain to someone playing today.

I've now lost interest after my lost points.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont loose interent Drewde, It would be a real shame - Honestly !  You did extremely well in the other FF game.  I am 100% confident that you could do the same.  Remember that you was quite low in the ladder for quite some time, then you turned it all around !!

My captain Ronaldo was a disappointment.  2 others didnt play and had nothing to swap them with.  If I had my time again on this, I would do things totally different.  I didnt understand how it all worked, I do now !!

I have 84 points by the way/