Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S370 no longer finds DLNA devices

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jezzer99
Visitor

BDP S370 no longer finds DLNA devices

I've been running the S370 with a DLNA server on a NAS box for a couple of months. In the last few days its ability to connect to ANY DLNA server has dissappeared. If I try Connection Server Diagnostics, it sees the NAS box, but states "The server does not support DLNA". Well it did !!!

It does this for every DLNA server. I have even tried TVersity running on a PC. Same problem.

However, if I try XBMC running on a laptop, it can see the DLNA servers fine and I can browse their contents.

Can anyone explain why the S370 thinks none of my media servers support DLNA, because they all do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

As mentioned its either an issue on your network or the device has malfunctioned. As you are confident your network is ok, then the latter would seem to be the problem. A couple of threads below, a guy had a similar problem and simply arranged a swap out with his dealer and now its working fine, so I would recommend this as the next step.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Catmambo

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
JoelP53
Visitor

Please could i also get some info on this, I have over 500 films i used to be able to access but now after i finally updated i get the same thing as the above user, I'v tried every single possible server program and all the Player says is it isn't a DLNA devices which it is,

Please someone help this is getting really anoying now.

jezzer99
Visitor

Phew, I thought I was the only one.

I have found no fix for this problem as yet.

I have an Iomega NAS running some version of TwonkyVision media server. It was picked up without problem when I first brought the S370 and I have watched many movies this way.

Now the S370 thinks the NAS does not support DLNA (server diagnostics) and I cannot access its contents.

I am not entirely clear why this has all stopped working however I have recently upgraded the firmware on the NAS which I have also done many times before without issue. I dont believe this is the problem as I have verified that Twonky is running correctly by accessing it using XBMC on a laptop. It works fine.

I have also installed the latest version of TVersity on my main PC, and the S370 cannot access the content on that either ("Does not support DLNA").

I have also used the UPNP tools that someone recommended elsewhere and I can see the NAS broadcasting its DLNA capabilities, so this really looks like a problem on the S370.

Don't know what to do next. Call Sony support I guess.

Can any Sony folk explain why I get "Does not support DLNA" and failed in the server diagnostics page against ALL my DLNA servers ?

Yes, its annoying me too. I've only had it a couple of months.

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried resetting the device - could just be a glitch somewhere.

Thanks

jezzer99
Visitor

Yes, Reset ALL settings.

Made no difference.

graheslo
Visitor

I have the same problem with my BDP S370 which is wired into to my router.

I used to be able to access and view photos, music and video on my Iomega Home Media Network Drive which is also wired into the router.

A few days ago I noticed that although it appeared in the list of connected devices on the BDP S370 it could no longer find it as it was not recognised as a DLNA device.

I've reset the BDP S370 to factory settings and now the Media Drive doesn't show up at all. I've tried connecting to it manually from the Blu-Ray player but I get a connection failed.

The BDP S370 does connect to my old Vista laptop but does not want to connect to my new Windows 7 laptop.

I had the BDP S370 connected to all 3 about two weeks ago.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Catmambo
Contributor

Ok - can you try going into Network settings>Connection Server Settings, then press options on your remote and you should be able to erase and then refresh your DLNA devices via 'Update Server List'

Let me know if that works..

cheers

graheslo
Visitor

Thanks for the info.

The server appears in the list but is greyed out.

Under "Result" is the message "Failed". When I select it I get the message that The server is not supported followed by the Media Drive's IP address, plus the additional message "The server does not support DLNA.

The BDP S370 does find my old Vista laptop, but my newer Windows 7 laptop doesn't even appear in the list of server names.

cheers, Graham

Catmambo
Contributor

Try installing serviio on the PC and then rescan for servers?

thanks

jezzer99
Visitor

Catmambo,

I can't see how determining whether Serviio works really helps resolve this. All my DLNA servers have worked at one time - but no longer. I cant see how this ISN'T a firmware issue !!

Would an ethereal/wireshark trace be of some help to determine whats going on?

I really want to resolve this as the media serving was an important factor in my original purchase.

Should I be logging this bug thru other Sony channels to get some action ?