Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

SOLVED
Lawsonfen
Explorer

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

Help please,  Yesterday Iwas the first time I gave been unable to connect via my Sony Bravia tTV to iBBC Player

A couple of days ago - when watching regular TV - message boxes suggesting use of alternate HD channels pop up when, for instance I am watching BBC1.  Since these appeared I am unable to connect via my Sony Bravia TV to iPlayer. All other internet connections are fine and it loads 5 on demand, Sky News, YouTube etc fine. The only fault is with iPlayer.

I have been through the Bravia systems and used Fadtory Reset and reconnected and checked my broadband  wirless network - I use Virgin Media n- all of which do not solve the problem,

When trying to load t I get a fault screen stating that there may be Netwirk issues.

Any assistance/advice would be very gratefully recieved.  Thank you.

96 REPLIES 96
elainemdm
Explorer

I have been unable to use iplayer since last week. Other internet apps. are working.

I spoke with  a Sony engineer today but the advice to leave the "page failed to load" screen hangin did not work. Now, howevr, the iplayer homescreen is coming up, but navigation is blocked.

Can the Sony engineers help, please?

Regards, Elaine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your right - Ive just done a more thorough test, iPlayer loads up, fails to play, and navigation is blocked in certain area's. And seems to crash.

Least they are on the right track though :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Quinnicus wrote:

Your right - Ive just done a more thorough test, iPlayer loads up, fails to play, and navigation is blocked in certain area's. And seems to crash.

Least they are on the right track though :slight_smile:

Hmm was working better than that a while ago, I have updated my previous update, thanks Elaine for posting..:smileyconfused:

redsofa
Explorer

I've also got the iPlayer screen back but navigation seems to be blocked.. it's fixed on the'home' page and 'BBC Sports Personality of the Year', which I can't move away from.

Hopefully we're getting there..!

retromart
Explorer

Well, after 3 days down, the iplayer is back, but unusble. No scroll and select navigation on home page or other button content. Would be nice to know what going on, is it Sony or BBC problem and when is getting fixed back to normal - KDL-40ex523

rc3675
Explorer

I have a problem with ALL internet channels, with iPlayer acting differently to all the rest

iPlayer does not even start to load or offer any error message for me. I just carries on the TV

However the rest of the other video / audio internet channels start to load to the first screen and then just hang (fails to load any file information)

KDL-32EX403. Latest s/w version. Internet and internal network all working OK.

gibb002
Explorer

Same problem here. After 4 days one could expect some recognition of the issue and an indication of when we can expect a resolution.  

gibb002
Explorer

Note to Thalamus - Frustration after 4 days of little communication with regard to the issue lends itself to the submission of unnecessary me too messages by the masses .........  lol............ even though your point is well made.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@gibb002 wrote:

Note to Thalamus - Frustration after 4 days of little communication with regard to the issue lends itself to the submission of unnecessary me too messages by the masses .........  lol............ even though your point is well made.

Hi gibb002,

just thought it would save people time..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately as this is a user forum we do not have nor can we give you much more information other than what we already have, Sony have made an announcement but other than that all we know is that the Sony tech team are working with the BBC iPlayer team or resolving the problem..

Hopefully once the problem has been fixed we will be able to get some information on what the cause of the problem was..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Updates posted so far -

Latest Update we have - although not a solution

StartTheCar wrote:

Afternoon.

My colleagues in the Product Quality and Engineering team picked this up yesterday and are now looking into it.

As soon as I hear more I will let you know.

Lee.

Sony are aware as can been seen by their earlier post in this thread (copied above) & there is also an announcement on the BBC iPlayer site which might be worth bookmarking so you can keep an eye out for further updates..:smileywink:

Other than that we do not have any further information as soon as we know more we will update this thread..

Followed by -

Update:

Looks like a fix has been found because iPlayer is now loading but navagation within iPlayer is not yet working correctly yet but hopefully it should be soon..

Until we know more can I please suggest that rather then people posting additional replies with I also have the same problem etc. you simply click HERE which will take you to the first post in the thread & then just click on the Me Too button..

This will list your user name & save you the time of typing your post, etc..