Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

SOLVED
Lawsonfen
Explorer

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

Help please,  Yesterday Iwas the first time I gave been unable to connect via my Sony Bravia tTV to iBBC Player

A couple of days ago - when watching regular TV - message boxes suggesting use of alternate HD channels pop up when, for instance I am watching BBC1.  Since these appeared I am unable to connect via my Sony Bravia TV to iPlayer. All other internet connections are fine and it loads 5 on demand, Sky News, YouTube etc fine. The only fault is with iPlayer.

I have been through the Bravia systems and used Fadtory Reset and reconnected and checked my broadband  wirless network - I use Virgin Media n- all of which do not solve the problem,

When trying to load t I get a fault screen stating that there may be Netwirk issues.

Any assistance/advice would be very gratefully recieved.  Thank you.

96 REPLIES 96
profile.country.GB.title
marcwishart
Explorer

The iplayer on my BDPS380 stopped working last night.

I'm lost without it!!!

wwww1111
Explorer

same trouble 

please fix it soon sony

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Latest Update we have - although not a solution

StartTheCar wrote:

Afternoon.

My colleagues in the Product Quality and Engineering team picked this up yesterday and are now looking into it.

As soon as I hear more I will let you know.

Lee.

Sony are aware as can been seen by their earlier post in this thread (copied above) & there is also an announcement on the BBC iPlayer site which might be worth bookmarking so you can keep an eye out for further updates..:smileywink:

Other than that we do not have any further information as soon as we know more we will update this thread..

dashel
Explorer

hi, my blue ray player will connect to the internet and run demand5 and others etc but when I try to run the bbc iplayer it does not load but instead come up with a faint almost unreadable small hypertext in the top quarter:

iplayer?avkb=mc8.27/bigscreen

this is approx as it is very faint it can be highlighted and then when you press an arrow direction on the remote it becomes boxed in pale blue and the internet searches but fails to find this - all very odd 48hrs ago the Iplayer just loaded as per normal

any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

However this is the information so far:

BBC:

BBC Response.jpg

Sony:

Sony Response.jpg

Cheers

dashel
Explorer

hello thalamus, Just another one I suppose? I just posted this and also sent it to Sony's helpdesk - before I saw your mail that Sony/BBC are aware of the rpoblem (always assuming my problem is the same)

<hi, my blue ray player will connect to the internet and run demand5 and others etc but when I try to run the bbc iplayer it does not load but instead comes up with a faint almost unreadable small hypertext in the top quarter:

iplayer?avkb=mc8.27/bigscreen

this is approx as it is very faint it can be highlighted and then when you press an arrow direction on the remote it becomes boxed in pale blue and the internet searches but fails to find this - all very odd 48hrs ago the iplayer just loaded as per normal>

SirCumfy

Same problem here.

iPlayer loads fine on my Bravia TV, but my Blu-Ray player (BDV-EF200) it won't work at all. Annoying because on my Blu-Ray player I can listen to radio, which isn't on my TV.

When I select iPlayer it appears like it's a blank screen, but on closer inspection there is an error message:

/iplayer?avkb=mc,B:27/bigscreen/

If I try to select it I just get the same screen again.

Been down for over 24 hours now - come on Sony!

stevematthews67
Explorer

Also having the same issues, Sony please get this fixed, iplayer is working fin on my other TV and PC, but please fix this my main TV.
MalcoA
Explorer

I have also recently lost iPlayer via my BDP-S570. When I try to log into it I get the message "Server response invalid. No further redirection is possible". I connect wirelessly to my home network and can access all the other internet video services via the BDP-S570 that I've tried. It's really annoying! Hope you can fix this soon.

stinky84
Explorer

Same problem with my 40NX723 which was working fine earlier this week but no access now.

Also couldn't get iplayer on the 32W654 last night but rebooted the router and it then worked ok.

Hope they sort it soon