Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

SOLVED
Lawsonfen
Explorer

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

Help please,  Yesterday Iwas the first time I gave been unable to connect via my Sony Bravia tTV to iBBC Player

A couple of days ago - when watching regular TV - message boxes suggesting use of alternate HD channels pop up when, for instance I am watching BBC1.  Since these appeared I am unable to connect via my Sony Bravia TV to iPlayer. All other internet connections are fine and it loads 5 on demand, Sky News, YouTube etc fine. The only fault is with iPlayer.

I have been through the Bravia systems and used Fadtory Reset and reconnected and checked my broadband  wirless network - I use Virgin Media n- all of which do not solve the problem,

When trying to load t I get a fault screen stating that there may be Netwirk issues.

Any assistance/advice would be very gratefully recieved.  Thank you.

96 REPLIES 96
redsofa
Explorer

Excellent news, I've just checked and iPlayer is back to full working order. Many thanks to the techs at iPlayer and Sony.

Simonmead
New

Whilst the firmware update of yesterday PKG4-022EUA-0104 has enabled the TV and DVD player to access bbc iplayer, the remote controller, and hence the navigation around the site is all wrong.

The dvd iplayer screen size is wrong

The back button and navigation buttons wont work correctly

There is no ability to see just added or categories

Next to useless

COME ON SONY sort it please, we pay a prenium price for a product which we expect to work

profile.country.GB.title
clecky
Explorer

Was all working for me.

Sent from my iPad
Chris_tech
Explorer

Agree with you when you put things that way. We were only without the service for a few days and it seems to be fixed as far as i can tell on my TV, after installiing the software update.

Does anyone happen to know what the update did to correct the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im pretty confident that the BBC iPlayer working around the same time as a firmware update is purely coincidental.  This is because it takes time to develope/test and roll-out an update, also it appears that it was at the BBC end that the iPlayer failed.

I had an update this morning - but the iPlayer was working before hand.

gaemond
Explorer

I just bought a KDL32W653A and encountered the same problem - no BBC iPlayer. Although, I can now get the iPlayer on my old Sony Bravia again, which is a KDL24EX320.

I'd be grateful if you could look into this.

Many thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Does the solution in the following thread help?

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/KDL-42W653A-Applications/m-p/1468530#M18066

Cheers