Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia wireless network problem

rankkis
Explorer

Bravia wireless network problem

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40ex724 and I use wi-fi connection with it. It has a built-in wi-fi receiver. I have to reboot my router every time I want to use internet connection. If I do not reboot it won't connect or the connection is very slow. What should I do to fix the problem?

-Juha
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The most common cause of Wifi issues to the TV, is the Wifi signal strength (check the signal strength through the network settings on the TV).  If possible try moving the router closer to the TV (or vice-versa) to see if that rectifies the problem.  If it does, you may need to either connect the TV to the router via a network cable, or invest in the powerline homeplugs.

Cheers.

rankkis
Explorer

Hi!

Thanks for the answer. The signal strength seems to be full. All bars are white. The router is not so far away but I can test tonight if the repositioning of the router will fix the problem.

- Juha

DarrenWilliams
Explorer

I am also having the exact same problem with my KDL-26EX553, which is in my bedrom and right next to the router!  I don't have the problem at all with my KDL-32EX403 which is downstairs and connected with a Linksys wi-fi bridge. Very annoying and frustrating!

chrkeen87
New

I have a similar problem with my KDL-32EX403. In three years I have never had reliable access to the Internet and now it doesn't work at all, despite the fact that it tells me that it has detected a wireless network. I have the Sony-approved dongle and a router that I can access wirelessly everywhere in the house without a problem. I have had lengthy e-mail conversations with Sony and BT but reluctantly I had given up until I heard about this forum. I am still hoping to find a solution for my "smart" TV, which is anything but smart at the moment! 

rankkis
Explorer

Yes. Very frustrating indeed. I though I solved the problem by making my wifi network open and without any password protection. It worked a little longer than normally without having to reboot the router but maybe it was just a coincidence. I have searched many forums but nobody seems to have an answer.
Maybe here someone has?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe there is another variable at play here.  You all have Sony Bravia TV's connected wirelessly.

What are your ISP's and what router (and firmware) have you got?

Can I assume that you all have updated the firmware on your TV, to the most current?

rankkis
Explorer

My Internet Service Provider is Sonera. And router is Asus. It did the same thing with my old router. My TV firmware is up to date.

Which ASUS router do you have?

Is the TV connected thru the 2.4 Ghz band or 5 Ghz band?

Have you tried to change the channel settings on the router from AUTO to a specific channel?

A tip can be to use inSSIDer to check which channel is the best for you.

rankkis
Explorer

My router is ASUS RT56U.

I think the TV can only be connected thru the 2.4 Ghz band. It doesn't "see" the 5 Ghz band.

Yes, I have tried a different channel. Of course I could try another one.

InSSIDer doesn't work because my computer is not connected thru wi-fi. It has a cable connection to the router.