Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia wireless network problem

rankkis
Explorer

Bravia wireless network problem

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40ex724 and I use wi-fi connection with it. It has a built-in wi-fi receiver. I have to reboot my router every time I want to use internet connection. If I do not reboot it won't connect or the connection is very slow. What should I do to fix the problem?

-Juha
32 REPLIES 32

Ok, and you have the latest firmware which is 3.0.0.4.374.130 which was released 2013-08-12

If you factory reset the router and do a test, is the results the same?

If you haven't updated to the latest firmware, I would recommend you to do that and then clear the Nvram and re-configure the settings.

To clear the Nvram on RT-N56U: (One of the following alternatives)

1. When the unit is powered on, hold down the reset/WPS button for 30 seconds.
2. While still holding down the reset/WPS button, unplug the router from power and hold for an additional 30 seconds.
3. Still holding down the reset/WPS button, turn on power to the router again and hold for 30 more seconds.

Holding the reset/WPS button continuously for 90 seconds total without releasing the button throughout the entire process.

or

1. Power off the router then power on while holding the reset button to put the router into recovery mode.
2. Now launch your web browser while connected via ethernet cable to launch the router config which will display the options to reset (clear) nvram to defaults, reboot router, or upload a firmware file.

Click on restore nvram then after that completes, click reboot router this should perform the hard reset.

Hope that this help. Sometimes it's necessary to clear the Nvram when the firmware contains driver updates for the broadcom chip inside the router.

profile.country.FR.title
-waree-
Explorer

Hi, just got a KDL-26EX550 for my bedroom: no issue at all connecting to wifi. When turned on the first time and connected to wifi I had a software update, did it and everything is fine.

DarrenWilliams
Explorer

ISP is TalkTalk and its their router as well. Firmware up to date

rankkis
Explorer

Thanks for the advice.

I don't have reset/WPS button on my RT-N56U router. I think there is one in RT-N66 router. But I did hold the reset button while turning power on to my router and the recovery mode started. But I couldn't connect the router with my explorer while it was in the recovery mode. It just didn't respond.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

As you all seem to be having a problem with connecting your bravias to via WIFI then perhaps investing in a set of homeplugs may be the best option..:smileywink:

Use the ASUS Firmware recovery tool

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-N56U&p=11&s=2

I'm not sure with OS you have, but just select the right one and download it. It will find the router and flash it with the firmware file that you select.

chrkeen87
New

Hello

In my case I can confirm that I have the latest firmware for the TV
(PKG4.114EUL-0108). My ISP is BT (Infinity) and I have a BT Home Hub 3
router, which work fine with my PC and has not been a problem when visitors
have wanted to connect through the router, from the same room as the one in
which the TV is situated! When I check the connection on the TV, it tells me
that the wireless device is connected OK but that there is no local or
Internet access.

Thanks

Chris
chrkeen87
New

I use homeplugs for another TV in the house and they work fine. However,
that is not the point: the TV was sold to me as a wirelessly enabled
Internet device and I bought the approved Sony USB dongle from a Sony shop.
It was much more expensive than a normal PC dongle (about three times the
price as I recall) and I don't see why I should have to incur additional
expense and suffer trailing wires.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading through all the posts here, I think each of you has a slightly different problem.  As far as I can see, there is nothing in common.

rankkis - You may need to connect the TV directly via a network cable (as you said in a previous post, your router is not too far away) or invest in some Homeplugs as Thalamus has suggested.

DarrenWilliams - As you have said that your router is right next to the TV, I would personally connect it via a network cable, instead of wireless.

chrkeen87 - You will need to check your DNS settings on the TV, and ensure that its point to your routers IP address.  If you have gone via the automatic approach, try using the manual appoach instead (as in setting a fixed IP address, Subnet, Gateway=routers ip address DNS=routers ip address)

chrkeen87
New

Thanks, Quinnicus. I had done that before, without success, and I've just
tried it once more, again without success. I'm just wondering whether it
could be the USB dongle that is faulty. Is there a way of testing it?