Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia wireless network problem

rankkis
Explorer

Bravia wireless network problem

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40ex724 and I use wi-fi connection with it. It has a built-in wi-fi receiver. I have to reboot my router every time I want to use internet connection. If I do not reboot it won't connect or the connection is very slow. What should I do to fix the problem?

-Juha
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its possible isnt it  - Can you confirm if everything works in a wired state? 

chrkeen87
New

Yes, the TV works fine otherwise.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wireless dongle comes with a breakaway cable.  Have you tried using that, and placing it a bit further away from the TV/electronics?  Failing that, you could getting a replacement one, incase it is faulty.

chrkeen87
New

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for the tip. I tried using it with the breakaway cable
and it started to work. I was able to get onto the network, refresh Internet
content and got as far as seeing the BBC iPlayer screen. Then it stopped and
now I'm getting the same error messages as before whenever I try to get back
into it. L
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which means the dongle does work - its just somewhere along the line, you have some interference somewhere, which is a bloody tricky thing to figure out what it is.  First step it to use a program called inSSIDER to determine which channel is best, and then change the wifi channel on your router. 

If you google troubleshooting wifi issues, you will get a load of suggestions. 

The Sony Wifi Dongle is not the most powerful, and hence the range is not so great either.

I know that this is not the answer you want, but unfortuately for you though, a wifi-dongle may not suitable for your situation.  Which leaves homeplugs (or a long network lead).

rankkis
Explorer

I know I could go round the problem with some extra money spent. I would like to find out what causes the problem.
I noticed that I have to reboot the router after my TV is turned on. If I do it other way around, then it wont work.
But after the router has been rebooted it will work well until I switch the TV off.
rosemary.good
Explorer

We have 2 iPhones 2 sky hd boxed a sonos and a netbook - none of these devices have any problem connecting to the wifi no matter what room you're in if not in the same room as the router. You shouldn't sell this TV with wifi spec or bbciplayer if it doesn't work. Neither should you suggest the further expenses of buying home plugs which are at least £50.
If I had known these problems beforehand I would not have bought this TV which incidentally I did research and it was highly reccommended as a good buy on Currys own website!
BDH132
New

Probably a bit late for some but I had same problem. All other devices connected to broadband hub wirelessly but Bravisa would not. Remembered had changed the channel in the SKY router from 1 to 13 some time back when trying wifi direct. Changed channel back to 1 and TV connected wirelessly straight away.

profile.country.GB.title
telnix
Explorer

Sony Bravia 49XD8099

I have used my TV once to watch YouTube. Every time I try to watch anything internet based, *I check that the internet connection is fine and "excellent". I then try to watch YouTube or whatever and it tells me it is not possible and I need to check my internet connection. Back to *. This goes on ands on. Resetting the internet. Checking I have strong signsal - it tells me I have - but it will not function. This television was not cheap. I cannot use any of the internet features on it. I have re-booted, reset the hub, tried to connect via WPS button - nothing. I have bought Sony TV's for the last 40 years. I feel rather let down. Is my problem symptomatic of the other problems mentioned here?

chrkeen87
New

I tried in vain for many months to get this sorted out. Now I have a
Chromecast device that works perfectly. The TV wasn’t cheap and, as I
recall, the Sony USB stick cost about £80 (as opposed to £30 for
Chromecast)!