Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 46EX503 - unable to connect to internet (2123 error)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Threadnaught
Visitor

KDL 46EX503 - unable to connect to internet (2123 error)

Hi,

I recently bought a KDL 46EX503. I'm having problems connecting to the internet for internet content.

My ISP is Virgin Media.

My router is a Belkin N1.

The television is on a wired connection direct from the router.

I have a PC, iPhone, laptop, and PS3 all connecting fine to the net through the same router, both wired and wirelessly.

The error message I get when trying to refresh Internet content or test the connection is:

"Configuration failed while connecting. The system has encountered an error. If problem persists, contact Sony <2123>." ...and then the usual retry, network settings, etc.

If I test the connection via the Wired Setup menu, the results I get are:

Cable Connection... OK

Local Access...OK

Internet Accesss...Failed

If I check the settings, I can see the TV has been assigned an IP ok by the router (this is confirmed by the routers admin screen). It has a valid subnet mask, DNS, and MAC address.

I have tried the following:

- Tested several ethernet cables (just in case)

- Manually assigning a different IP address

- Resetting the television to factory defaults

- Cloning the MAC address of my PC to the router

- Using my routers DMZ feature to put the televisions IP outside the NAT firewall

None of which seem to work.

The only thing I haven't yet had time to try is update the TV firmware. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Have heard of some Belkin issues with BRAVIA in the past, maybe down to the chipsets that they use and we use simply not offering great compatibility.This may be purely coincidental however..

Thanks

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
richardlower
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem with my new 32EX603.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

philjimi
Visitor

My 32EX703 also has internet problems.

Where yours says Internet Access failed mine is ok but the tv will not refresh the internet content. my error code is 5006.

looks like an expensive phone call to sony if I can get home before 5pm :slight_frown:

Fantastatic
Visitor

I have just bought the KDL-46nx703 and I'm having exactly the same problem.  On a wired connection, the test throws three OK's, but updating video content gives a "Configuration failed while connecting" message!  Did either of you guys managed to get yours to work?

Threadnaught
Visitor

No luck here yet. I spoke to a very polite but ultimately unhelpful Sony support call center guy yesterday, who ran through his scripted responses and then advised me to call the store where I bought it when he ran out of pages to read from.

This seems like a more common problem than I thought though - plenty of other forum threads about this problem or similar with Bravias and Belkin routers.

I'm going to try upgrading the firmware tonight. If that doesn't work I'm going to try a different router....

Catmambo
Contributor

Would absolutely recommend updating the firmware and after that doing a refresh if the Internet content or resetting the TV. Whilst you are having similar problems in connecting the web, the root causes may well be different as the system is a simply plug and play setup.

Do check and see if there is updated firmware for your routers as well, just in case that could be the cause..

Thanks

Threadnaught
Visitor

Right, as an update:

I downloaded and applied the latest firmware for my Bravia (sony_tvupdate_2010_0489_eul).

The problem persisted.

Then I updated my router firmware (it was only 0.1 rev out of date, worth doing though I guess) - that didn't work either.

After both updates I did a full factory reset on the television and power cycled the router.

My options now seem limited - either it's a specific set fault (which seems unlikely, given the number of other people that seem to have the same or similar issues) or it's an incompatibility with the television and my specific router (more likely).

I'm not really wanting to go out and buy a new router to test this theory...

richardlower
Visitor

Come on Sony. Does no-one from Sony read this? You have customers here with sets that do not work properly. Surely you must have an answer?

Totally unacceptable.

I have now lost faith In a once great TV brand.

Hello

Hello

Is there anyone there?

Threadnaught
Visitor

I've now got a service engineer booked to come out and take a look. Called the Sony center I bought the TV from and they were pretty quick to arrange a visit.

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Ok, reset router and turn of his security system, than try again.

error 2123 Wirless Network Speed Displayed loading widgets while using a wireless bridge,  when directly connected to the router without the wirless bridge the error is not displayed

error 2200

This error may appear when the Internet connection is lost.
Try reconnecting by resetting the network router and unplugging the TV for 60 seconds. If you still cannot connect after resetting the router, reset the TV to the factory settings.

NOTE: It may take up to 3 attempts of resetting the TV to resolve the issue.

Regards

Damac:smileyhappy: