Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Multi Flip - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

sgdavies

VAIO Multi Flip - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

VAIO Multiflip 14 - SVF14N1C5E - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

Has anybody else experienced problems with the touchscreen freezing on the 14 inch model? I upgraded to Windows 8.1 as soon as I got it (God Knows why Sony decided to ship it with Windows 8.0)

Contacted Sony ("cough" support) but they are as helpful as a chocolate teapot regarding this.

51 REPLIES 51
sgdavies

Hi rich, i complained to, Sony Customer Relations Office, please use the email below:
Cro.en@eu.sony.com
They put my in contact with second line support who seem better.
However,
Have tried both your suggestions.
1) uninstalled the HID drivers, and rebooted.
2) have run the panel calibration tool.

The screen still crashes, and we have to reboot to get working again, interestingly, once the panel calibration tool is run, it creates a log file which i have pasted the contents below:-

0)Error:PayloadLen len is too small =0 while it should be 3
0)Error:Failed to HandleResponse. ParseResponseToCall() failed.
plastickitten
Explorer

Hello,

Same laptop, same problem here.

Will try this calibration tool and hope it works, I have another one of these to install soon...

sgdavies

Hi plastickitten, let me know how you get on.
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sgdavies,

It’s a shame that the calibration made no difference. Needless to say the error messages generated in the report mean nothing to me. Have you passed these on to 2nd level support? My quess is that they will need to escalate to engineering for them to make sence of the error message.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
omid.p

mine is the same . and exactly have the same problem
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi omid.p,

Did the calibration report have the same errors as sgdavies?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
omid.p

Hi Rich

no my calibration dosent give me an error and i can calibrate my screen but it dosent solve the problem I have .

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi omid.p,

If you haven’t yet raised a case with Support I suggest you do so. The more people that report the problem the more likely it will be addressed.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sgdavies

Hi Rich/Omid,

Second level support, want to take the laptop in for repair, but I am still adimant that it is not a hardware fault, so I will not be sending it in for them to poke, prod, and take apart, my wife would break her heart, I do have some qualification in beleiveing its a hardware fault as I am a PCB design Engineer, and liase with Software Engineers myself regularly.

Unless second level support escalate this, to software driver development, then probably I am stuck, until eventually over the course of the next year or so, with updates etc I am sure it will get better, or I just try to do a clean Windows 8.1 install. that option is starting to look tempting to me.

Cheers all

sgdavies

Omid, I dont know if you saw this thread on the US Community site, but Stateside, lots of people have got this issue, so we are not alone.

Food for thought....

http://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Software-Other-Operating/sony-vaio-flip-15a-touch-screen-issue-on-...