Join now - be part of our community!

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MJBALTIC
Explorer

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

I was trying to update my VAIO SVL2413M1EB today, as Microsoft has offered me Windows 10 and I can't do it.

Update gives me an error and nothing is working.

SONY, it's very bad !!!

I know you have abandoned VAIO, but don't force people to get rid of all your products, because you will loose even more at the end.

My friend has got HP laptop 3 times cheaper then my SONY VAIO and he was able to update everything straight away and everything works !!!

SONY SUCKS !!!

70 REPLIES 70
davwilso29
Explorer

I have now updated my VAIO VGN-FW21Z with a clean installation using the latest Microsoft Win 10 build 1511. This now allows a clean installation using an existing windows key. I was running Windows 7 so was able to use the existing Win 7 key. it upgraded no problem at all and all works fine.
nicmeljones
Explorer

My Vaio SVP1321C5E updated at the 2nd attempt. After the 1st try things just weren't ok so I reverted to 8.1 & tried again with complete success. It works really well & I've also installed Stardock Start 10 to give me my familiar start menu.

profile.country.en_GB.title
seylectric

My Duo 11 has worked perfectly well ever since upgrading too. But the point is you can only expect support for so long. People forget that it costs money but want it for free. Sony are only making so much profit out of every sale, in fact is it not true that they have pulled out of the market because they weren't making any profit? Stop whinging people and ask if you would continue to support your customers if it was to continue to cost you money. Just install the damn thing, if it doesn't work then uninstall it, it's as simple as that.

profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

I am not seeing whinging here.

I am seeing Vaio owners asking about  Windows 10 upgrades.

Many Vaio models are now showing "ready for upgrade" and an invitation to download the Windows 10 Upgrade Tool. This presumably means that the Windows 10 drivers are now available for these models? And yet....when navigating to the support page for that model.....Windows 10 drivers are not available.

So where does the Vaio owner who wants a Windows 10 fresh install get the drivers from?

Maybe he has to be patient. After all......November is not over yet.

All I ask from Sony is that the support messages are consistent.....and that they make sense. Don't tell us that the upgrade is now ready when the drivers are not ready. This is just wasting the time of Vaio owners,

The exact same scenario exists for  USA Vaio owners relying on help from Vaio US support.

https://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Windows-10/SVF14N15CDS-Windows-10-Update/m-p/537408#U537408https:...

nicmeljones
Explorer

Just do what I did & go ahead & update. It was a very straightforward process which took about an hour altogether, including downloading the update followed by installation.

Everything was where I left it when my Vaio SVP1321C5E restarted, all I had to do was remove Stardock Start8.1 & install Start 10, my preferred way of maintaining the traditional start menu.

My Vaio is now faster & is running at a much cooler temperature than with W8.1. Altogether I'm absolutely delighted.:smileywink:

profile.country.el_GR.title
Fender67
Explorer

Hi,

There will be no support, in my opinion, with fresh W 10 Sony drivers, take a look at this:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVP13226PXB&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#...  select Drivers & Software tab then Windows 10 64-bit from the drop-down menu.

Sony advises!! to use Windows Update to get available drivers, lol!!

I recommend, to all users, once the upgrade from previous OS's is finished and activated with MS servers, to use Media Creation Tool, from MS, then burn an iso to a dvd and perform a CLEAN installation of W 10, Microsoft allows it, you will get a very fast system and install the drivers you wish from either WU, or use some specific Sony old drivers for your model like Chipset, Sata etc.

be careful, some Sony programs won't work on W 10, so backup your OS before trying.

davwilso29
Explorer

I did exactly the same with my VAIO VGN-FW21Z as soon as the 1511 update was available. I downloaded the new ISO file and did a clean installation, absolutely no problem   
profile.country.en_GB.title
iagibso49

Sony, its products and customer service have been on a downward dive for 10 years. Pile of

profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

Fender67 - Actually that was a great link!

I have been trying to find a Vaio model (any model) that had a drop down for W10 drivers. And you found one.

I installed W10 months ago (before release) as a fresh install dummy run. Everything worked fine. Microsoft found all drivers for all devices.

Great!

But Microsoft did not find a Control Centre that would control the keyboard backlight (obviously).

No! We need Sony to provide that!

Vaio owners that want a Fresh Install  W10 are probably not interested in finding 2015 versions of Sony Bloatware. That is the whole point of a Fresh Install.

No....they just want the minimum of Sony software required to make their Laptop actually function. In my case that would be a W10 Control Centre to keep the keyboard backlight off.

And that is all.

Oh......and the bits that enable the Control Centre to be installed (Parser, Shared Library, etc)

And you found them! (Thanks).

I can now try a second dummy run. Or I could just wait a few days for the drivers to cross the pond.  :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

Good to see that something is happening.

The link I posted above (Vaio owner in the USA complaining about no drivers) now has drivers for the his model. They have been posted today.

I have just checked the support page for my UK Vaio model......and, the page is offline for maintenance/update.

So.....Fingers crossed.