Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-50w755c keeps auto dimming

profile.country.en_GB.title
matrigw69
Explorer

kdl-50w755c keeps auto dimming

Hi, my kdl-50w755c android tv keeps auto dimming. trying to watch walking dead and the dark scenes do an obvious light level adjustment. I have turned off the light sensor but nothing. It brightens up again when I hit the volume botton or something. the content is being played out of my sky box through HDMI. does anyone know anything about this problem? I have searched the forums and cant find anything...

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there 

I was going to post the exact same thing to request confirmation from others.  I too can confirm your issue.  I am watching Buffy on my Media Player which is connected via HDMI to my AV Reciever and have noticed the screen slightly brightens up when adjusting the volume, and dims again when the volume popup disappears from the screen.

I will add it to the list of bugs and issues.

Cheers

matrigw69
Explorer

Spoiler
thank you. It's certainly a problem, especially on dark scenes. Cant see much at all and ruins the picture. 

thank you. It's certainly a problem, especially on dark scenes. Cant see much at all and ruins the picture. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @matrigw69

I have added this issue to the current faults and issues list.  Any updates received will be posted back in the following thread :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2040020

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

Hi,

I found that if you press "Action Menu" on the remote, select "Picture", scroll down to and select "Advanced Settings", then on "Brightness" option, scroll down to "Adv. contrast enhancer" change it to "Off"..... this stops dimming of the vol control and in dark and light TV shows/Film scenes. 

Worth a try!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip @theshamelessmanc  i find that i prefer it on, except for this particular issue which doesnt happen on my 2013 TV.  

Cant test yet, as i have lost control of my own tv !!

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@Anonymous

Id like to have it on too, but found it to annoying when watching films and TV when the screen kept dimming, and brightening back up depending on the scene! Until a fix, I suppose it will do.

matrigw69
Explorer

thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@matrigw69

Hi, 

Has it worked for you? Not ideal, but hopefully just temporary! 

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

I have seen this issue on long duration very dark scenes in movies from DVD they seem to be reproduced well as a very dark scene but after about a second or two, the brightness will suddenly step up. I have the adv contrast enhance set to low, which reduced the problem and sometime turn It off. The problem is less of an issue with normal broadcast channels. 

My set is a 43W805C. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.