Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W809C - Satellite channels re-sorting themselves

tleddy
Explorer

KDL-50W809C - Satellite channels re-sorting themselves

This TV is such a disappointment. In addition to the problems already mentioned I've having an annoying problem with satellite channels which I wonder if there's a fix for.

The TV has scanned Astra 2E and picked up the free to air channels. No issues there.

I sort the channels in my order of preference. The interface for doing this is a bit clunky, but it works.

Now for the really annoying part. A number of days later, the channels will revert to their original position when first tuned in. I've no idea why it's doing this. I haven't rescanned the satellite or touched the satellite tuning or channel order in any way. It's done this on me about 4 times in the space of three weeks.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a fault or just a setting I need to change?

I've sent a message to Sony support but as expected have received no response.

71 REPLIES 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not sure if this is just for DTT broadcasts, but thought its worth a shot.  Try turning OFF "Digital Auto Service Update' in the settings.

Cheers

tleddy
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried setting "Digital Auto Service Update" to off, but it made no difference. E4, Film4 and More4 were still randomly moving back to their old position. However since my Bravia got its Android update last week the problem hasn't reoccurred. Hopefully it's fixed for good.

For those who are interested, the Oct 13th Android update has improved TV responsiveness and stability. I'm not in the UK so I got my update on time.

davidryan34

Hi tleddy,

Has this issue been resolved for you?

I bought the Bravia KD-55X8509 just after Christmas and have been pulling my hair out over the last week or so with this same issue. I've had channels disappear whereas more commonly others will revert back to the original number it was when I first tuned in the channels. I wanted to have all the news channels, music channels etc in order but I haven't been able to get a stable channel list. I updated the TV to the latest firmware (v3.169) yesterday but the issue of channels resorting occurred again today.

If you have any advise or were able to resolve thiss issue can you advise please. The cheap 4Life combo box that I have in the bedroom never caused any similar issues when I resorted the channel list, you pay big money for a TV and you have to deal with these silly issues that should not be occuring in the first place.

Cheers,

David

tleddy
Explorer

No, unfortunately the problem hasn't been resolved. It just seems to lose the satallite channel sort order after a few weeks rather than losing them within a few days.

What's even more annoying is that the channels also stop working when they unsort themselves, and I have to re-tune them in again. This is not acceptable on any device nevermind an expensive TV.

It also to detunes the terrestrial channels and I have to go through th retuning process for them every few weeks too.

I live in hope that Sony will get the software on this TV up to the level of it's competitors soon i.e. all features working reliably. In the meantime I'll continue to advise anyone buying a new tv to get a Samsung or LG.

davidryan34

Hi tleddy,

Thanks for replying. I saw when working through the settings that you can load a channel list from a USBnor savebyour xurrentnlist to USB for future use. I hope to make as many changes as possible and save them to a USB before the channels change and revert back. Hopefully this might save some time but we shouldn't have to revert to these measures justvto watch some UK satellite/Saorview channels.

One of the reasons I bought this TV was that it had a dual satellite tuner with the Saorview connection. I'm going to contact Sony regarding this issue but I'm not expecting any immediate solution. Hopefully this issue is resolved sooner rather than later.

Regards,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have added this to the list of bugs and issues as i have seen many have the same problem.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2089574#M39396

Will try to find out whats going on.

Cheers

davidryan34

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for replying and for noting the issue. Hopefully Sony resolve the issue soon, it's a pain having to constantly delete channels that had been deleted a day earlier.

Many thanks,

David

profile.country.da_DK.title
bljensen
Explorer

Hi, I am using the KD-49X8305C. Since I've got SW version v3.169 on it, the channels re-sorting themselves seemed solved, until I started too use Side View again, then the problem came back. So I've stopped using Side View

davidryan34

Hi bljensen,

I'm still having issues and I have the latest SW version applied to the TV.
On my satellite connection channel 7 is BBC Four and from 8-12 there are
BBC Alba, and three BBC One channels, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
I have repeatedly deleted channels 8-12 and sometimes within a minute at
least one of the channels has been restored back into the guide. They all
return within a few days.
I had a number of kids channels tuned in from 60-69, they have all reverted
back to their original numbers.

I've noticed a couple of new issues which I didn't notice before. After I
move through the channels and decide to stay on a particular channel,
within ten seconds the screen goes black and the channel refreshes, its
like I've reselected the channel when I haven't. Another issue is if I'm on
the digital channels (Irish Saorview channels) and go over to the satellite
channels, none of the UK channels will be available. The TV says something
like antenna issue, channel unavailable. If I go back to the Digital