Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to turn on 3D mode

tim2525
Explorer

Unable to turn on 3D mode

Last week I installed the new firmware (version 3179) on Bravia KD-55X8509C to fix the problem with slow remote control response.

Since then I have been unable to select 3D mode (either side-by-side or over-under). It appears to select it, but when you go Back it turns it off again.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I have reported this to Sony Customer Support  but all I get is stupid emails asking me to do a factory reset, disconnect external devices, install latest firmware, etc, etc.

Tags (1)
77 REPLIES 77
Tarzion

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi all

Ive just discovered this thread after replying in another one:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/3d-function-on-kd-55x8509c/m-p/2121235

Are you all saying that the 3D options are missing in the Action menu?  

I have this issue on my KD65X9005C.

It's time to ditch the TV I guess.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the model number.  Before i officially report this issue to Sony, can someone confirm that they are actually going to the Action Menu Whilst playing a 3D video?  If there is no 3D video playing, then there is no 3D option in the Action menu.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tim2525 - i know this is probably a mute point as you are taking your tv bqck, but previous remote controls from other years Bravia TVs work.  A suggestion is to purchase one which has a dedicated 3D button off Amazon or Ebay.

Also, there is a 3D 'button' on the TV Sideview app for smartphones and tablets.

Tarzion

@Quinnicus wrote:

Thanks for the model number.  Before i officially report this issue to Sony, can someone confirm that they are actually going to the Action Menu Whilst playing a 3D video?  If there is no 3D video playing, then there is no 3D option in the Action menu.

The 3D option is available from the menu when no 3D is being played on the TV.

I disappears the moment 3D starts playing up.

tim2525
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

@tim2525 - i know this is probably a mute point as you are taking your tv bqck, but previous remote controls from other years Bravia TVs work.  A suggestion is to purchase one which has a dedicated 3D button off Amazon or Ebay.

Also, there is a 3D 'button' on the TV Sideview app for smartphones and tablets.

In some ways, knowing that Sony used to make a remote control with a 3D button on it but have now deleted it, makes my opinion of them even lower. If that were possible. 

TkBall
New

KDL50W805C for me. SBS video playing and no 3D option in the Action video. Switching on in settings doesn't work as it's off by the time I get back into whichever source I'm trying to play from.

Using the Video & TV Sideview app and hitting the 3D button did work for me, at least there is this as a workaround.

Whatever software switch is supposed to be detecting if 3D is playing is clearly a bunch of *****. It would be better to just always display the option, which is almost certainly the easiest fix.

thomasbriet
Explorer

I have the same problem.

Trying to use the 3d function with Plex or Kodi and both will not function.

Even with the workaround with the mobie app. the menu appears, but nothing happens when choosing a different mode.

KDL-W805C, latest update

GeraldDemartini
Explorer

I have the same issue with my TV. I also have reported to SOny for this issue. Hope they will solve the issue soon. 

WilliamHill
Explorer

I am facing the same problem, I am trying to contact the customer support but they are not responding. May be their servers are overloaded, lets hope for the best

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi WilliamHill

This is a known issue for Android TVs and has been reported to Sony for them to fix.

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2126443#M41214

Cheers