Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

SOLVED
Flatbrat
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

Help!!!!! My RDR-HXD890 has lost ALL channels- no EPG - zilch - Whats going on? Is Sony going to fix the problems? Does anybody know?

I have tried all the possible scenario's but no luck!

114 REPLIES 114
profile.country.en_GB.title
LAINYRIDDAS
Explorer

actually i have 2 & only one is back up & running :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
LAINYRIDDAS
Explorer

all sorted now hurray
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Minders wrote:

Yippeee!! It works again.  I followed the instructions at:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/RDR-HXD790/downloads/FW_DVDR_124

Crucial bits seem to be (as mentioned above)

• to write to a CD in write-at-once mode, or in my case in "Close disc" mode
  • Use the default writing speed - I tried at a slower speed in the belief that this would be more reliable. It failed and I had to erase the whole CD-RW and start again at the default fastest speed, which worked.
  • Once the UPDATE - 5 had finished on my unit and powered off, I rescanned to the channels in UK locality mode, and had to reset the EPG type to Guide (Digital) to get away from the failed Guide+ one.

Good luck everyone!

Just to let everyone know that there is no need to try to install this old update to fix the current ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

eddyx21
New

My RDR HXD870 was stuck in UPDATE last night and this morning but is now fixed and fully working. I had to reset my series recordings but it appeared to work as normal. I am so glad I checked this forum as I can't afford to buy a new machine!

gebaine
Explorer

Or as an option Sony should be offering to send, on request, a CD with the file correctly loaded onto it, please.

Presently Sony's terms of use of the 1.24 update are very off-putting, saying that if the update is used then they may refuse to consider repairing a unit on which the user has performed the update!

Despite the weekend's problem now having been addressed by (apparently) amending the way in which information is broadcast to the recorders, may I ask whether upgrading the firmware on my HXD890 from 1.15 to1.24 is a sensible thing to do?

jancalee
New

My DVD recorder has been stuck in update mode and the only way I could cancel it was to switch off at the mains.  I now have no tv pictture on any channels and cannot access the EPG.  I have lost recording s previously set and have been unable to set anymore.  I understand there is an issue with this and would like to know when this matter will be resolved as my tv does not have built in freeview.

esmerelda25
Explorer

Hurrah,epg has finally sorted itself.Full display and able to record.Held off button for 5 seconds until machine went off,then tapped the button and welcome came on,then it allowed me to go into the epg and everything was displayed as normal.However,when I first tried to post on this forum,the screen came up in Turkish! Oh well,its all up and running in English now.

Traceyk1968
Explorer

After reading the last few posts, decided to rescan in Uk mode and it worked. Switched EPG back to deigital from guide plus and i am back to normal. Only time will tell if it sticks on update again by tomorrow morning.

nigel19
Explorer

Got mine back by doing a restart but can't upgrade firmware past v1.15, the file sony asks you to download does so as a .mem file every ISO burner I have tried does not recognise this file format so tried about 6 different burners and about 30 discs with no joy. Wait to see what happenms now.

stephanmayer
Explorer

Re: "...the file sony asks you to download does so as a .mem file every ISO burner I have tried does not recognise this file format ..."
The update files are NOT ISO images ...they are just a file so use your favourite CD burner program and add the file to a CD and burn in "all at once mode" ... worked for me