Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - Youtube lip-sync is very bad?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Android TV - Youtube lip-sync is very bad?

Since the last couple of updates Youtube lipsync has been horrible, I mean really horrible. Some videos are fine, however I have a video you can test below that is reproducable.

Ghostbusters trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

This is direct through the TV or via my Sony 1050 AV receiver using ARC.

55X850C

Ghostbusters makes its long-awaited return, rebooted with a cast of hilarious new characters. Thirty years after the beloved original franchise took the world by storm, director Paul Feig brings his fresh take to the supernatural comedy, joined by some of the funniest actors working today - ...
31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
tgheretford
Explorer

I have noticed that lip-sync issues occur if you view YouTube videos which run at 60fps. Haven't noticed the same issue with 30fps videos.

Also using an Sony Android TV with a Onkyo amp connected via ARC.

profile.country.SE.title
m_eriksson
Explorer

The lip-sync is terrable on my KD-43X8305C when using youtube. I have done a factory reset, but it did not do any difference on this problem. It make no difference using hdmi, optical or built in sound. This is very anoying. 

Will there be a update from Sony on this, anyone know??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@m_eriksson - Tell me about it !  I have a KD-55XD8577 TV and the lipsync on YouTube is shocking.  Other than cute little cat videos etc, its useless to watch YouTube at the moment. 

Anyway, Sony are aware of the problem - fingers crossed it gets sorted soon.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

@m_eriksson - Tell me about it !  I have a KD-55XD8577 TV and the lipsync on YouTube is shocking.  Other than cute little cat videos etc, its useless to watch YouTube at the moment. 

Anyway, Sony are aware of the problem - fingers crossed it gets sorted soon.

Hoping that the promised 6.0 will fix the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue appears resolved in the Marshmallow update - Yippy !  :grin:

profile.country.SE.title
m_eriksson
Explorer

It is still a problem for me with bad audio sync. I have bought a separate chromecast instead to get proper sound.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

yep i still get the issue the the MM update

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I also still have poor lip-sync on a lot of videos which play in perfect sync on other devices.

It is still on my TODO list to investigate...

profile.country.SE.title
blomman00

looking fwd to your investigation, have the same problem on new xe9005 

profile.country.NO.title
mislged
New

Having lip sync issues on new KD-75XE8596 on Youtube too. Pretty bad, atleast 100ms, sound too early i think. Connected speakers through the headset/audio out, no external audio processing.

I think same problem on other apps - but can't find any general settings to adjust this.