Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 - Freeview EPG Not working

profile.country.GB.title
brian_mk

RDR-HXD890 - Freeview EPG Not working

My RDR-HXD890 has been stuck displaying 'UPDATING' for at least 2 days.

All front panel buttons & remote have no effect.

After Power cycling, the machine returned to the same state.

After searching Internet forums, I found many posts from people with the same issue. Most were dated around 2019.

I tried most of the suggestions:-

A Soft Reset got the machine out of update mode but EPG no longer works and, following auto-tuning, all BBC channels are missing. All other Freeview channels were found.

A Factory Reset did not fix the problem.

The machine displays Software Version 115. I tried to initiate a manual firmware update but no updates were found.

Has there been a recent change with Freeview EPG such that it is no longer compatible with this machine?

83 REPLIES 83
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor
Piscie
Community Team

Hey all! Have you tried resetting the device: page 150? Make sure you reset it from the mains first.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Hi Piscie, I'm afraid the problem is much more deep seated than something a reset can fix. The issue is incorrect coding in the EPG data structure. Even if you think a reset has 'fixed' it the issue returns at the next scheduled EPG update time.

Freeview UK are aware of the issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
Camo_King
Explorer

Here we go again!
Freeview have created another EPG update and my machine has been updating for 12hrs now. My machine is now unusable. Last time it took 3 days before everything was back to normal 😛 

profile.country.GB.title
liketv

Friday August 25th 2023 17:00

Problem that started Thurs 24.08.23 has now been fixed. Need to retune, and all channels should be there.

profile.country.GB.title
liketv

UNFORTUNATELY, THIS FIXED WAS VERY SHORT-LIVED!

profile.country.GB.title
PatJW1
Explorer

Yes, I spoke too soon. From 2pm update it's been stuck on update. Just switched off holding on/off switch and straight back on with same. No EPG and no BBC

profile.country.GB.title
No_Pic

Factory reset and 'Easy setup' at 25/8/23 17:00 did not work and the problem persisted.

Repeated the above (after an email from Freeview confirming a fix) at 17:10 and it was all working.

Have just switched the Sony on again 17:50 and BBC 1 and BBC 2 appear as expected.

The overnight EPG updates will determine whether it really is fixed (until the next time!)

profile.country.GB.title
liketv

Question for No_Pic; has your Sony retained the BBC channels? After the supposed fix around 5pm, when they were ok for a few minutes, mine now only shows them for a couple of seconds.