Join now - be part of our community!

New S Series Vaios Overheating?

profile.country.en_GB.title
ripat86
Visitor

New S Series Vaios Overheating?

I just got a CTO SA series Vaio and I find it is heating up very quickly and I worry it may be over heating. I also find the fans seem to be extremely loud which I presume is due to it being very hot.  I did temporarily have a SB Vaio with very similar specification and never had this issues so would it only be specific for the SA?  Has anyone else with a SA Vaio noticed this or is it a known issues? And does anyone know how I can fix it?

Message was edited by: ripatel86

Message was edited by: ripatel86

Tags (3)
42 REPLIES 42
hebahma
Visitor

I bought my SB series laptop only 4 months ago in December but ever since I was annoyed by the extreme loud fan noise and overheating even when i was doing web browsing and basic tasks. eventually 2 months ago i contact vaio repairs and requested them to look in to this issue, so far I  have sent my laptop twice to sony repair and they couldn't manage to fix this issue and I was told that the motherboard and RAM have been replaced. once again I m sending my laptop tomorrow but I doubt it if they come up with a solution. as everyone else has mentioned here this is the design flow. iam just hoping to get my refund and buy cheaper and more reliable laptop from other vendors.

Kalafior
Visitor

I bought my VPCSB last year but had not chance to use it properly until last Christmas when I found out the level of noise (both fan and airflow) is simply unacceptable and I could not focus on work. I also used it (once) in a business presentation and it was such an embarrassing experience seeing my client faces, having difficulty to understand what was being said over loud noise. I contacted Sony support and was quite impressed by how quickly laptop was collected and returned (3 days), only to find out it was not working at all (engineer replaced the fan but forgot to connect SSD). Called Sony again, arranged another collection to be advised that everything is perfectly normal and they can’t hear any noise. Called Sony centre and gave a sample of the noise to the support person. They agreed the laptop was too loud and promised another collection to fix it. Received my laptop few days later with a note everything is perfectly normal and that “Fan noise – to compare please use unit of the same design – all of the SB series behave the same way here”. Contacted Sony support again with request to refund or replace with another model. After being redirected about 10 times between technical support and pre-sales (both claiming they are not the right people to make such decision) I am not sure who I should speak to. I also decided to post my case on the Sony’s website and to make potential buyers aware of the problem. Can Sony please join the conversation and comment on the problem?

Kalafior
Visitor

I posted a video demonstrating the VPCSB noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr-cW3yATac&feature=youtu.be