Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

SOLVED
Lawsonfen
Explorer

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

Help please,  Yesterday Iwas the first time I gave been unable to connect via my Sony Bravia tTV to iBBC Player

A couple of days ago - when watching regular TV - message boxes suggesting use of alternate HD channels pop up when, for instance I am watching BBC1.  Since these appeared I am unable to connect via my Sony Bravia TV to iPlayer. All other internet connections are fine and it loads 5 on demand, Sky News, YouTube etc fine. The only fault is with iPlayer.

I have been through the Bravia systems and used Fadtory Reset and reconnected and checked my broadband  wirless network - I use Virgin Media n- all of which do not solve the problem,

When trying to load t I get a fault screen stating that there may be Netwirk issues.

Any assistance/advice would be very gratefully recieved.  Thank you.

96 REPLIES 96
cthecliffs

exactly the same as us. I can access iplayer through my Mac!! but Sony need to sort this out NOW!!

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone.

Just to ensure that this is not lost in the "potential" flood of posts.  The BBC and Sony are aware of this issue.

BBC:

BBC Response.jpg

Sony:

Sony Response.jpg

The iPlayer has not been working since thursday evening, it is unlikely its going to be fixed tonight.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
3l3ctronica
Explorer

Hi to everyone,
I'm in the same situation and after reading this message board I know that I'm not the nay one suffering and that Sony and the BBC iPlayer Team are aware of the problem.

Both stopped working for me around 60 hours ago, roughly Friday Night. I'm up late and it was working Friday afternoon but wasn't by around 22:00

Both of my Sony Internet TV devices, KDL-40Ex723 and BDP-480S can't connect to the correct URL for the web app to load. However my PS3, Xbox360 and Western Digital Live TV Hub all work fine, so my suspicion is that the BBC have change a critical URL. Does anyone know if LG and Samsung TV's are having the same issues?

Let's hope they fix it soon.

Cheers, Mikee
Tags (1)
jvsony13
New

I have exactly the same problem - yesterday iPlayer loaded ok on my Sony Bravia, today no. While all other Internet content loading fine. What's going on?

Danielcoz
Explorer

This is a link that I got in a reply to a tweet to Sony http://t.co/PaXFsGpAtg Not overly helpful but it looks like they're working on it. Seems their (Sony) BBC iplayer server is down which explains the lost connection bit

Tags (1)
bodie23
Explorer

hi, same issue here with KDL32EX523 ..... i have noted that sony/bbc are aware and i just  

hope that this issue is resolved asap...:smileyconfused:

rpapsony
New

I've seen many people complaining of the same fault I have - BBC iPlayer not working for about the last three days on Sony hardware.

Admitting there's an issue would help, if you don't have a solution yet.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Copied again below is the lastest info we have..

Latest Update we have - although not a solution

StartTheCar wrote:

Afternoon.

My colleagues in the Product Quality and Engineering team picked this up yesterday and are now looking into it.

As soon as I hear more I will let you know.

Lee.

Sony are aware as can been seen by their earlier post in this thread (copied above) & there is also an announcement on the BBC iPlayer site which might be worth bookmarking so you can keep an eye out for further updates..:smileywink:

Other than that we do not have any further information as soon as we know more we will update this thread..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Can I please suggest that rather then people posting additional replies with I also have the same problem etc. you simply click HERE which will take you to the first post in the thread & then just click on the Me Too button..

This will list your user name & save you the time of typing your post, etc..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Update:

Looks like a fix has been found because iPlayer is now loading but navagation within iPlayer is not yet working correctly yet but hopefully it should be soon..