Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

SOLVED
Lawsonfen
Explorer

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

Help please,  Yesterday Iwas the first time I gave been unable to connect via my Sony Bravia tTV to iBBC Player

A couple of days ago - when watching regular TV - message boxes suggesting use of alternate HD channels pop up when, for instance I am watching BBC1.  Since these appeared I am unable to connect via my Sony Bravia TV to iPlayer. All other internet connections are fine and it loads 5 on demand, Sky News, YouTube etc fine. The only fault is with iPlayer.

I have been through the Bravia systems and used Fadtory Reset and reconnected and checked my broadband  wirless network - I use Virgin Media n- all of which do not solve the problem,

When trying to load t I get a fault screen stating that there may be Netwirk issues.

Any assistance/advice would be very gratefully recieved.  Thank you.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Latest Update we have - although not a solution

StartTheCar wrote:

Afternoon.

My colleagues in the Product Quality and Engineering team picked this up yesterday and are now looking into it.

As soon as I hear more I will let you know.

Lee.

Sony are aware as can been seen by their earlier post in this thread (copied above) & there is also an announcement on the BBC iPlayer site which might be worth bookmarking so you can keep an eye out for further updates..:smileywink:

Other than that we do not have any further information as soon as we know more we will update this thread..

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Update:

Looks like a fix has been found because iPlayer is now loading but navagation within iPlayer is not yet working correctly yet but hopefully it should be soon..

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. 

Firstly, thanks to @Thalamus. @Anonymous  for holding the fort.

In the time since you all reported this issue we have been working with the BBC to identify the cause of the fault and to find a fix.   The BBC quickly identified the issue and started working on a permanent fix.  Any update on this will be posted at the following link.  http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/sony_devices

In the meantime we will continue to work with the BBC and see what we can do to develop a workaround, something that might enable the iPlayer functionality until such time as the service is fully restored.

Thanks

Lee

96 REPLIES 96
profile.country.GB.title
andypea
New

Hi,

Also got same problem with KDL-46HX823. BBC iplayer been working fine for aound 2 years. This is not a networking or internet issue. Found the same problem on my BDP-490, but firmware upgrade + internet content refresh fixed the problem. However, iPlayer then took around two minutes to 'download' and start. I suspect the BBC have changed something and the TV is timing out the connection. On the TV I get an opera display stating 3 possible failures to display the target . page. i.e. - URL incorrect, Network problem, Internet problem. If you hold down the select key on the remote.you get a second page displayed for around a second which has the text '/bigscreen' in it. Unfortunately is is not displayed long enough to record the full text..

This is a major problem for us as we use iplayer a lot.

Sony need to investigate this problem urgently 

claire1
Explorer

We are having exactly the same problem, our samsung smart tv loads iplayer. Sounds like Sony have a problem!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

BBC iPlayer is down at the moment.  The BBC are aware of the problem and are investigating. 

https://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/sony_devices

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Afternoon.

My colleagues in the Product Quality and Engineering team picked this up yesterday and are now looking into it.

As soon as I hear more I will let you know.

Lee.

profile.country.GB.title
gfotos
Explorer

Dec 13th
iPlayer not working 3 days now!
What is the problem all other internet services on my Sony kdl40ex72 are working.
I have a feeling this is as Sony problem.
Any answers please
David Ward

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Incase you didnt notice another thread on here, see:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/BBC-iPlayer-no-longer-loading-on-BRAVIA-TV-Dec-2013/m-p/1...

Cheers

Paulcoley
New

My BBC I PLayer has also stopped working - the other sites e.g channel 5 still work fine

craigeeee
Explorer

I Baught a new BRAVIA KDL-42W664A and BBC iplay just says "The service cannot be accessed at this time" but it works on my laptot, Wii, and XBox any clues?

redsofa
Explorer

iPlayer has also stopped working on my Sony Bravia KDL22EX320 since last night, I can access it fine on my laptop and everything else on the Sony Bravia is also working ok. It looks like this is becoming a widespread problem.

I tried a manual firmware update, but a message came up that the update wasn't applicable.

Anything you can tell us Sony?