Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

SOLVED
Lawsonfen
Explorer

BBC iPlayer no longer loading on BRAVIA TV (Dec 2013)

Help please,  Yesterday Iwas the first time I gave been unable to connect via my Sony Bravia tTV to iBBC Player

A couple of days ago - when watching regular TV - message boxes suggesting use of alternate HD channels pop up when, for instance I am watching BBC1.  Since these appeared I am unable to connect via my Sony Bravia TV to iPlayer. All other internet connections are fine and it loads 5 on demand, Sky News, YouTube etc fine. The only fault is with iPlayer.

I have been through the Bravia systems and used Fadtory Reset and reconnected and checked my broadband  wirless network - I use Virgin Media n- all of which do not solve the problem,

When trying to load t I get a fault screen stating that there may be Netwirk issues.

Any assistance/advice would be very gratefully recieved.  Thank you.

96 REPLIES 96
profile.country.GB.title
clecky
Explorer

Is there any way a single email update can be provided to the whole forum? Both iplayer and Sony are aware of the issue. What is needed is now is a joint statement by both parties giving a timeline for full service tube restored.

Sent from my iPad
retromart
Explorer

sorry for blank post
I agree with clecky we need a position from Sony to stop the meetoos.
Customer Service starts with effective communications!
woozy-uk
New

same issue for me on my blu ray player.

i dont watch much tv. and the only on demand worth watching is iplayer (5od and any of the others are rubbish) seems iplayer is losing quality too now

but there are still a few programs i want to watch. very annoying that there has been no ETA from either sony or BBC

my player- BDPS370 Blu-ray

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

we can try to get some information on when the iPlayer problem is likely to be fixed but unfortunately doubt this will be until at least tomorrow..

Can't guarantee anything but I'll promise that I will try..

Another reason why I wanted to try and limit the Me Too replies is because each post pushes the Updates we have posted further back and causes them to be lost within the thread.. Therefore new people are likely to miss the information..

Hope that makes sense..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Updates posted so far -

Latest Update we have - although not a solution

StartTheCar wrote:

Afternoon.

My colleagues in the Product Quality and Engineering team picked this up yesterday and are now looking into it.

As soon as I hear more I will let you know.

Lee.

Sony are aware as can been seen by their earlier post in this thread (copied above) & there is also an announcement on the BBC iPlayer site which might be worth bookmarking so you can keep an eye out for further updates..:smileywink:

Other than that we do not have any further information as soon as we know more we will update this thread..

Followed by -

Update:

Looks like a fix has been found because iPlayer is now loading but navagation within iPlayer is not yet working correctly yet but hopefully it should be soon..

Until we know more can I please suggest that rather then people posting additional replies with I also have the same problem etc. you simply click HERE which will take you to the first post in the thread & then just click on the Me Too button..

This will list your user name, save you the time of typing your post, etc but more importantly keep this post visible to new people reading and/ or visiting the forum..

We have the same problem. Its getting very annoying.  How much longer must we wait before Iplayer is up and running fully again

Gramq-
Explorer

Firmware update seems to help iplayer to work and play back stuff...BUT.. the navigation (on a KDL-40EX723) is completely stuffed up - hardly works!

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

I'd like to know if it'll be working before Christmas, as I need to know whether to purchase something that works before then.

If I have to purchase something, I can be 100% sure it won't be Sony.

They seem to be promoting the PS4 as having iPlayer - is that likely to suddenly stop working too?

profile.country.GB.title
clecky
Explorer

To all
There is an announcement on BBC iplayer help page. They have replicated the issue and are working in resolving it.

Sent from my iPad

Edit: added a link to the BBC annoucement..:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. 

Firstly, thanks to @Thalamus. @Anonymous  for holding the fort.

In the time since you all reported this issue we have been working with the BBC to identify the cause of the fault and to find a fix.   The BBC quickly identified the issue and started working on a permanent fix.  Any update on this will be posted at the following link.  http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/sony_devices

In the meantime we will continue to work with the BBC and see what we can do to develop a workaround, something that might enable the iPlayer functionality until such time as the service is fully restored.

Thanks

Lee